Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sammy

Sammy is our 4 1/2 year old cocker spaniel. He has bad knees, and hasn't been jumping up onto the furniture like he used to. Something happened yesterday - although we don't know what - and by the end of the day he couldn't even walk. He groaned and cried all afternoon. By last night he would sit really funny on his back legs, and then couldn't get himself back into a standing position. He would scoot and try everything, and cry -- it was terribly heartbreaking to watch. G and I sat on the steps and cried and cried. This morning when I took him outside, he tried to squat, but he kept falling over. My heart broke into a million pieces and I could not stop crying.

We took him into the vet right away this morning. They think he has a ruptured disc. He was given a shot and was put on a bunch of meds. We were told that he may recover - he may not. The vet told us that they just put a dog down yesterday that didn't recover. That is NOT what I needed to hear.

I have not stopped crying all day. I am praying SO hard that he recovers. I honestly cannot even think about life without my little buddy. He is my baby, and I love him so much!

***A little funny. I had told N that Sammy was sick and needed to go to the doctor. When G walked in the door with Sammy, he looked at him and said "Is Sammy all fixed now?" - LOL! Oh, how I wish it would have been that easy.

Please Sammy - get better SOON!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh M! I'm so sorry about Sammy. I hope he recovers.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! It's just so hard when your pet is hurt. :-(