Wednesday, January 23, 2008

One month ago ...

... at this very moment, we had just taken off from Seoul. There were so many emotions going through me at this moment one month ago. I was sitting in my seat looking at my perfect little sleeping angel. My heart was so full, and I leaned over to my husband and told him how happy and complete I felt. We looked at each other with tears in our eyes and smiled. On the other hand, I was feeling so sad. I was so sad to be leaving Korea. I can't even put into words how much we loved Seoul. I have never in my life met such lovely, kind people. I felt a lot of guilt for taking my baby girl away from such a lovely country. It is such a conflicting time. You're happy and sad at the same time.

As I was giving M her bottle tonight I held her close and thanked God for my many blessings. I gave her a kiss on the forehead, she smiled and then said "Mama" ... the tears haven't stopped flowing. I'm sure it was just a fluke, but it melted my heart. I cannot believe that she is actually here and she is ours. It is such an overwhelming feeling.

***

We had to run some errands today. We needed to order our cabinets and the remainder of our trim etc... for the house. While we were sitting in the vehicle waiting for G, N said that he wanted to draw a smilely face on the window. See, the other night when we went to order our appliances, it was dark and very cold, so some frost had built up on the windows. N loved it, because he could "draw" all over the windows. When I told him that it wasn't going to work today, he said "but it worked when the sun was sleeping" - and I said "yep!" - and he said "Mommy, turn on the dark" - LOL!!!

When we got home it was lunch time, so we were sitting at the table eating. I was busy eating, when I couldn't believe my ears ... L started counting out of nowhere. He got up to seven before I blurted something out, because I was in shock. He's only 21 months old. We have worked on counting, but I had NO idea that he knew how to do it.

I had something scary happen this afternoon, and it's still bothering me. I was in the family room with the kids, and I was trying to get some pictures of them. (the natural light was PERFECT!) I had my back to the window, and N kept telling me that there was a man over there. I kept telling him that there was not a man over there, and to please just cooperate so that I could get a few pictures. (LOL!) He repeated himself about the man, so I finally turned around and about fainted. There was a person with their face up to our window looking in at us. OMG - I freaked! I grabbed the kids and put them into a different room. I tried to see where this person went. I called G at work. These people were sitting in our driveway for what seemed like an eternity. I was too scared to go out there and ask them what they wanted. G said that he would come home to find out what they were doing. Just as G was driving down the street, they took off. FREAKY! I am a chicken to begin with, but this scared me.

We're renting a new construction home that is for sale while our new home is being built. So, G called the realtor and asked him if he knew of anyone that wanted to look at the house. Apparently there was someone that wanted to look at it, but the realtor had our old phone number and couldn't get in touch with us, and he could not get in touch with the builder/owner of this house. Still, though, WHY would these people be looking in at us??????????????? I'm still a little scared and weirded out about the whole situation.

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

No comments: