... with my little girl is right before I put her to bed. No, it's not because she's going to bed for the night - it's because it's our special snuggle time. When we brought her home three weeks ago, she liked to hold the bottle herself and feed herself. I didn't like this, and wanted feeding time to be our bonding time -- like it was with the boys. Each time I would give her a bottle, I'd tuck her hands down, and hold the bottle, and snuggle her in close to me. Now she has this process down pat, and she even folds her little arm in, and grasps onto my shirt and holds onto it while I'm feeding her. She always looks up into my eyes - just like the boys used to. Anyway ... at night when I'm done feeding her, I give her kisses on her forehead. She's usually sleeping at this point, but she ALWAYS smiles each time I give her a kiss. It is the most precious thing! Tonight she woke up for a little while, and just "talked" to me, and even gave me a kiss! When I ask her where Mama is, she smiles and grabs my face.
Adoption is so amazing. I look into her eyes and cannot believe how lucky we are!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
this is just precious- what a little sweetheart!
I hope Sammy will recover soon.
Thank you sooooooo much for the book link.
And NO, I had no idea that poem was from a book. Very cool.
What a sweet post..oh, how I look forward to these moments.
Thinking of Sammy too...keep us posted.
Post a Comment