Monday, January 28, 2008

"Mama"

Oh how that word can melt a Mommy's heart. I'll never forget the first time the boys each said "Mama" to me for the first time - it brought tears to my eyes. Miss M started saying "Mamamama" last week, but I really didn't know if she was referring to me. Well, after this weekend and today, I know for a fact that she is referring to me. It makes the tears flow, and my heart swell. It is the most precious sound ever! Like I said, I'll never forget when the boys said it for the first time, but for some reason it is just so special hearing come out of her sweet little mouth. She has only been with me for a month, and knowing that she knows that I am her Mama ... well, let's just say that it makes me the happiest Mommy alive! I love her to pieces!

Weekend Update ...

We were supposed to meet up with some friends on Saturday (Hi Chris!) - but we had so much house stuff to deal with. I was so bummed!

Yesterday my parents came up to watch the boys, so that we could go out and pick out all of the lighting for our house. We took M with us, and had a BLAST! The boys were thrilled to have their Grandma & Papa over ... I think the boys needed a break from us for awhile. (they have really been testing us lately!) M was so good, and was just hilarious. She babbled and blew raspberries the entire time we were out. This girl loves to shop -- WOO HOO!!! We were able to find all of our lights, and I cannot wait to see them my house! We also had (ha ha!) to make a trip to Gymbor*e. Man alive, that store could get me into so much trouble. M walked away with a few cute outfits ... she's wearing one of them today, and it's so stinkin' cute! I feel like I'm playing dress up with a doll, and it's so much fun! Little boys clothes are cute, but dressing a little girl .... well, shopping for her could turn into an addiction! ;-)

Have a great week!

No comments: