Monday, January 14, 2008

Big Boy Bedroom


N found this bed today. He is very much into anything and everything C*ars related. He told us that he wants this in his new bedroom. I know he would absolutely love it, but the practical side of me is wondering if it is the smart thing to do. He has a gorgeous convertible crib and armoire that I love, and when we invested in the set, we figured that he would have it until he moved out. We were planning on buying the same set for L, since L's convertible crib will be going to M, since it looks so nice with her bedding and with the antique dresser that we're putting her in her room. So, if we buy this bed for N, L will get N's set. But, N will outgrow this in a few years and then we're back to square one. I have to admit, part of me really wants to buy this, because I think it would be so much fun to decorate the room, and to see his eyes light up when he sees it for the first time. Oh, decisions decisions!


We went and got fingerprinted AGAIN today. The officer that fingerprinted us looked at me like I had ten heads when I explained to him that our daughter was already home. He did not get that at all. LOL! I told him that we were already fingerprinted in December '06, but that because of this new law, the state says that our fingerprints and clearances are null and void. Make sense?! No? Don't worry - it doesn't to me either. I have no clue how our clearances and fingerprints could be null and void, but when you're dealing with the government and their procedures, I've found out that it's just best to go along with it, because it's just a waste of time to try and make sense out of some of this stuff.


Everyone FINALLY seems to be doing better. I only have to wipe noses a few times a day, instead of every other second like I was doing for the previous three weeks.


Oh, and we've been home for THREE WEEKS! It is so amazing that it has been almost a month since we got the call. Everyone is doing well, and M is just so much fun and such an incredible blessing. I took L up to put him down for his nap. I left N downstairs with M. M had just had her cereal, so she was still in her high chair. When I came downstairs, N had pushed her high chair into the living room, and sat her next to the recliner. He had given her some toys and her blanket, and the two of them were watching Do*ra! So precious! The kids are just so cute together - they love each other so much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh that is just the funnest bed EVER!!!!! :D

Melissa said...

What a cute bed. Camden would have LOVED it!