Thursday, January 17, 2008

Miss M is 9 months old today!

It's also the one month anniversary since our travel call. Crazy! It feels like we just got the call yesterday, but at the same time, it feels like M has always been with us. People told me that I'd feel this way after she was home, but during the horrific wait, I didn't believe a word they said. LOL! But, they were right. ;-)

It's hard to believe that little Miss M is 9 months old already. She is such a happy and content little girl. I get chills whenever I think about just how much she is like the boys. She was totally meant to be our daughter. She fits right in, and it seriously feels like she has always been with us. It doesn't feel like it's only been 3 1/2 short weeks.

The boys are EXCELLENT sleepers, so G and I were worried that M was going to be our child who doesn't sleep. Nope, she sleeps like a dream. It took her two nights to get on the boys' schedule. The boys are also excellent nappers. Guess what -- so is she! Her foster Mom in Korea told us that she took 2-3 twenty minute naps a day. I about fell over when she told me that -- I live for nap time. LOL! Well, it took about two weeks, but she is now napping when the boys nap. Yes, all three of my kids nap at the same time. Again, how on earth did we get so lucky?!

The boys have never had issues teething. I've heard so many nightmare stories, but the boys have always been so good. L seems to be having a bit of a hard time with his two year molars, but nothing terrible. Well, M is cutting three teeth and I would have NEVER known, but I noticed her chewing on her fingers today, so I looked in her mouth. Her top tooth cut through today, and she has two on the bottom that are close to cutting through.

The boys have always been patient. M is also VERY patient.

It's scary how similar she is to the boys. G and I always said that we would receive the child that was meant for us ... and we certainly did. She is the most perfect fit for our family.

She was incredibly sweet today. Every time I would pick her up, she would pucker up, say "mmmmm" and give me a kiss on the lips! I was in tears this afternoon after she had given me about ten kisses. I just looked into her sweet eyes and told her how much I loved her. It was one of those surreal moments -- one of those moments where I needed to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming. I cannot believe that she is ours -- it's amazing!

Happy 9 months baby girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome! I'm so happy for you that it's all falling into place so wonderfully. :-)

You know what cracks me up about this post, though? For everything you said about your kids, the exact OPPOSITE is true for mine, and that is why I only have one child, but you now have three, LOL!