Monday, October 22, 2007

Whew! I huge sigh of relief!

We had a busy day today - running many errands, trying to get everything in order for our new house. (we're the general contractor) No matter what we did, one thought was always on our minds ...

"do we have a place to live?"

We are scheduled to close on the 7th of November. Good and bad. Good, because we can start our new home in a few weeks. (please pray for warm, nice weather - please!!) Bad because I need to pack like a mad woman, and we need to find a place to live. We have been working on the finding a place to live bit for weeks -- weeks! We had this one place in mind. It's a new construction home, which is for sale, but also available to rent. (due to this awful housing market) We had our realtor call the listing agent for this particular house. We were getting nowhere.

G and I were seriously freaking out today. I've never seen G so stressed out before. I was in tears, because I didn't know what we were going to do. Can anyone say PANIC?! Afterall, I have two boys, a dog and a little girl waiting for us in Korea. I need a roof over my head.

G finally decided to take matters into his own hands. We really didn't think we'd get anywhere, since our realtor wasn't able to get anywhere. Well, wouldn't you know, within 15 minutes we had an answer - and a good one at that! We have a place to live - starting November 1st. Best of all, we get to keep our little c*ocker s*paniel. :-) I'm sure my brother would have taken S while we waited for our home to be built, but this is such a better option. Anyone that has pets knows that they are like one of your kids.

This is going to be a crazy few weeks. I really need to get busy packing - it's just all so overwhelming right now. We'll be out of our current house a week from this Sunday. So surreal. Wow. I'm getting all emotional - this is going to be hard! I'm excited about our new home, but it's going to be very hard walking away from this house. We moved in three years ago, and this is the house that I brought my boys home to.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Congrats on selling your house! I don't even you the move, but it will keep you busy so the waiting is not so hard!