Thursday, October 18, 2007

Stress!!!

What a crazy 24 hours.


  • -Tuesday evening at 7:30 we find out that there will be another offer written for our house. It will happen around 11:00 Wednesday morning.
  • -Wednesday - 12:30 pm. Our realtor calls and gives us the specifics of the offer. We counter their offer.
  • -Wednesday - 1:48 pm. Our bank calls to say that our financing went through, so we can start the construction of our new home as soon as we close on our current home.
  • -Wednesday - 5:30 pm. G talks to our realtor. She has not heard anything back from the potential buyers.
  • -Wednesday - 6:00 pm. We meet with our realtor to look at a new construction home that would be available for us to rent while our home is being built.
  • -Wednesday - 6:20 pm. We get a counter offer.
  • -Wednesday - 6:30 pm. We counter their offer.
  • -Wednesday - 7:30 pm. We call our realtor with another idea, she likes it and calls the potential buyers to let them know.
  • -Wednesday - 8:30 pm. Our relator calls to say that the buyers accepted our offer. We say "great" and our realtor says that she come tomorrow morning to have us sign everything.
  • -Thursday - 10:00 am. G calls to say that he just signed the papers and that our realtor will be over to have me sign the papers.
  • -Thursday - 10:13 am. My MIL calls to see what is going on. I tell her that I'm waiting for our realtor to come. (I'm in a panic, because these forms are very time sensitive since we have a contingent offer on our house)
  • -Thursday - 10:30 am. Our realtor comes, I sign the papers. She leaves. I pray that this all works out.
  • -Thursday - 11:00 am. Our realtor calls and says that the other realtor (the contingent offer agent) won't accept our paperwork. Apparently we are missing a sheet. My realtor says that she will be right over ... but, she has bad news. According to this other agent, the contingent offer people have another NON CONTINGENT offer coming in on their house. This could blow up this other deal. UGH! I feel like I'm going to get sick to my stomach.
  • -Thursday - 11:05 am. I call G at work. I can't get in touch with him. Shocking! I start freaking, because I am stressing out.
  • -Thursday - 11:10 am. I call G again. He answers this time. Miracle! I go off on a tangent about everything. The poor guy isn't given two seconds to say anything. Ack! He says he'll be right home.
  • -Thursday - 11:25 am. G gets home. I call our realtor, she says she's on her way and will be here in a few minutes.
  • -Thursday 11:30 am. Our realtor gets here. I tell her that I feel like I'm going to be sick. She can't believe this is all happening.

To give a little background ...

On September 5th we received a contingent offer on our house. It was a crappy offer, and they were asking for everything - and I mean EVERYTHING under the sun. It was insane and I totally wanted to tell them to go fly a kite, but at that point our home at been on the market for nearly 5 months, and we wanted to sell. We didn't give them half of what they were asking, but the offer is still pretty sucky.

The first people to ever look at our house got an offer on their house on the 26th of September. The buyer was not in a hurry. They finally came to an agreement yesterday -- nearly 3 weeks later. TICK TOCK TICK TOCK .... (sigh)

The new people do not want a home inspection, didn't ask for ANYTHING and want to close ASAP ... like by the end of the month! (perfect!) G actually works with J (the one who has an offer in on our house) ... so she knows us. She knows that we designed and built this home. It's a quality home. She knows how much we cared about this house, and appreciates all of the extra stuff we did to this home.

We want them to have this house. REALLY want them to have our house.

The contingent offer ... they have 48 hours to have a signed purchase agreement on their house. 48 hours ... DOES NOT INCLUDE SATURDAY & SUNDAY. AAAHHH! Which means, they have all day today, tomorrow, Saturday & Sunday to have a signed (non contingent) purchase agreement on their home. I am FREAKING OUT. It does NOT seem fair that the 48 hours does not include the weekend, but yet if they receive an offer on their house over the weekend that counts. WHY IS THAT? That is just wrong! Their 48 hours should be up at 11:00 am on Saturday. Period.

If the contingent offer people get our house, we probably won't be able to close as fast, which means that we won't be able to start our new home until spring. This is NOT good. We need to get our house started so that our little girl can come home to our new home and get settled in there.

What are the odds of this happening in todays market? Honestly? This poor other couple - they are so upset. Hindsight is 20/20, but I have to wonder WHY WHY WHY didn't they write a contingent offer two weeks ago when they received an offer on their house? If this doesn't work out in their favor, I'm sure they will kick themselves forever.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Why did we ever accept their contingent offer - why?! Oh, yes, I forgot - we were desperate.

Please pray that this all works out. Either way our house is sold, which I guess I should be excited about, but I will feel much better about things if the nice/appreciative people get my house. ;-)

I'll keep you posted .....................................

4 comments:

Heather said...

((hugs!)) I'm crossing my fingers that the right people get your house and not the others. How does Sat/Sun not count? We were told that even holidays counted when we went through our own selling nightmare. Good luck!!

M :-) said...

Heather, I have no idea. I did look back at the sheet and it says only business days M-Saturday at 12:01 am. I think it's a bunch of crap - seriously. Why can they accept an offer on a NON-business day? That is just WRONG!!! Why does selling have to be such a nightmare?!

It could all still work out, but I'm not feeling very good about things right now.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying that this works out in everyone's best interest. How stressful!

Anonymous said...

That sounds very confusing and stressful! I hope, by some miracle, it all sorts itself out by Monday!