Our weekend started on Friday. G had the day off so that we could go to our agency to sign our acceptance papers. I talked to N all week about this, and told him that he had to sit still and be very quiet while we were signing our papers for baby sister. He kept telling me "yeah yeah, I will" ... but would he sit still, would he be quiet ... that was the question!
The alarm clock went off at 6:30. [yawn!] We were out the door at 8:30, and had to go to the bank to get the big check! We thought our bank opened at 8:30. Nope. They open at 9:00. Ugh! And believe me -- they do not open their door one minute early. We could see them sitting in there talking, so we went inside the entry about five minutes early. They ignored us. Completely ignored us. At 9:10 we were walking out of the bank with more money than I have ever held in my hands before. ;-)
We made the trip to our agency, and believe me, there were many of our "good behavior" talks, with a few "we'll go out for ice cream" bribes snuck in here and there!
Have I ever mentioned how much I love our adoption agency ... and how much I love the program coordinator? Well, if I haven't, let it be known that I LOVE THEM!!!
Our program coordinator met us at the door, and walked to a room ... a very large room ... FILLED WITH TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know who was more excited -- G and I or the boys. LOL! It was perfect, and my stress level went from 100 down to 1. Woo hoo - we'd be able to sign our papers in peace.
We were in and out of there in record time. She had everything filled out for us. All we needed to do was sign, sign, sign!
It feels SO real now. Yay!
We also dropped off our care package for our little girl. I had a large blanket, an outfit, two disposable cameras, a soft sided photo album for babies, a toy, and a thank you for her foster mom. This all had to fit into a one gallon zip lock bag. It was a tight fit, and it looked like the seams were about to burst open, but it closed, and it all fit ... I have no idea how, but it did! I never knew just how much you could fit into one of those bags. It's amazing! Our package should be on its way to Korea, and if it's not on it's way right now, it will be this week. :-)
We had thought about taking the boys to their favorite park, but it was freezing. It was only 48 degrees or something crazy like that. A week prior we were in shorts and running the air conditioner. Now we have the furnace on. Come back 60-70 degree weather ~ we need a few more nice autumn days!
We ended up going to an apple orchard/pumpkin patch. They boys had a blast! N's eyes lit up as soon as he saw the pumpkin patch. He kept saying "Mommy, Daddy - this is a pumpkin patch" - LOL! After we were done walking around, we went inside their shop and bought a really yummy caramel apple pie. Mmmmmmm!
Yesterday was another big day. My aunt from Alaska is home, so my Grandma had the entire family over. There are five great grandchildren; ages 3.5, 2.5, 2, 1.5 and 5 months. By next spring there will be three more! My cousin is pregnant and due in December with their first little one, my SIL is pregnant with their second, and our little sweetie who is waiting to join her forever family. My Grandma enjoys the little ones so much, and I can't imagine what it's going to be like this time next year! Crazy fun!
N and L had so much fun playing with everyone yesterday. They were exhausted by the time we left, but we still had a few things to do. We went to my MIL & FIL's house. The boys played with their Grandma, and showed her their new little sister, and then we were off to go search for their Grandpa, who was out in the field in his John De*ere. N is obsessed with JD tractors right now, so we thought it would be fun for him to ride in his Grandpa's tractor. Oh my goodness - I didn't know just how excited he would be. "Oh Mommy, it's a REAL JD tractor - a REAL one" ... !!! He had a blast -- as did his Daddy and his Grandpa!
It was 8:30, and we still hadn't had supper, so we picked the boys up something to eat on the way home. N took two bites and looked at me and said "Mommy, can I please go to bed?" He was one tired little boy!
This morning when he got up he looked at me and said "we had a long day yesterday" ... "are we having another long day today?" ...
... nope! We stayed home all day and relaxed - exactly what we needed to do ... and it was a perfect day to do it. It's rainy, cold and cloudy.
Hope you all had a great weekend!
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment