Friday, October 19, 2007

The stress continues!

One thing I have figured out in all of this ... as the seller, you really have no rights. Another thing - never sign a contingent offer, unless it is for the full asking price. We made a mistake, and are paying for it right now.

The contingent offer people came through last night with a signed offer on their house. This all happened around 8:00pm. We finally stopped getting phone calls from our realtor around 10:15 last night. These not-so-nice-very-demanding buyers wanted to come and look at our house AGAIN today. What? I don't think so. Apparently not everything was clear last night, because I received a phone call this morning at 7:58 am.

I was told that because they couldn't come and look at our house today, that a home inspection was scheduled for NOON. NOON - today! Um, no, that's not happening. I am sorry, but I just found out about this deal less than twelve hours prior to this, and now I'm expected to get my house in order and leave my house with my two boys and dog (without a vehicle mind you) in this awful wind for 2-3 hours while our home is being inspected.

What happened to respect? What happened to people asking instead of demanding? I just don't get it. I'm not like that at all, so I am just floored when other people are like this.

Anyway, I told our realtor absolutely not. I reminded her (ever so gently) that Monday morning is what works best for us. WHY should I have to re-schedule my life, just because the mean buyers took the day off to have the inspection done. Why?

Monday is out. Buyers have to work. OK fine. The inspector is available ALL weekend - anytime. I say Sunday at 5:30. I get a call back. Nope, inspector is now gone ALL DAY on Sunday. Hmmm, funny how that changed so darn fast. OK, Saturday at 6:30.

These people rub me the wrong way. They are rude and very demanding. I just want to call them up and say "HELLO, this is still my house -- I still live here -- you will get the keys at closing, and then you can look at the house all you want."

Bugs me, and stresses me out.

We got the closing date worked out, so HOPEFULLY, weather permitting, we'll be able to dig the basement on our house and get that started yet this year. We're pushing it, and the stress that it's causing is enough to make any sane person crazy. Poor G, he had two people at work come up to him and ask him if he was OK ... that he looked very tired and worn out. Guess what - we are. I looked at myself in the mirror this morning, and I look awful. Old, tired and exhausted.

We put the house up for sale in April.
We endured house showings for 6 months.
We received a contingent offer on our house in early Sept.
We hurry and get our house plan finalized.
We get house plans out to contractors for bids.
(we are the general contractor - so we do everything. Insane - yes! ... stressful - like you wouldn't believe)
We receive a referral for our BEAUTIFUL daughter on the 5th of October.
We receive another non-contingent offer on our house on the 17th of October.
I email my agency to make sure we can still move, now that we have a referral.
We hurry like crazy people to try and find a place to rent.
We sign the purchase agreement on the 18th of October.
We find out that the contingent offer people have a signed purchase agreement.
I bawl ... and bawl ... and bawl.
I wake up to my realtor on the 19th of October.
I find out that there are more demands being made.
Apparently these buyers think I'm not human and can just tell me what to do and when to do it.
I hate people that try to walk all over other people.
My house is a mess, because it has been the craziest week ever around here.
It's 4:00, and I have not had the energy to do ANYTHING while the boys have napped - except type up this message.

Please pray the inspection goes well. The buyers are very a*nal, and I'm sure they will pick apart everything. Go ahead, I say, try it -- because we're not going to do anything about it. We will refuse everything, because we have other buyers waiting in the wings - that know us, and appreciate everything and are not demanding like you.

I'm having G take me to McDonald*s tonight - even if it is just through the Drive Thru. I need to pig out on a yummy Big Mac and fries! ;-)

Have a great weekend everyone ... I know I will. HA HA HA!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(((((((((Hugs)))))))))) That's an insane level of stress! Have a beer (or two!) with that burger!