Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

For the first time ever, my boys didn't dress up for Halloween. Well, it was only N's third Halloween, and L's second, but still ... !!! I didn't realize how much N understands Halloween. We haven't talked about it at all this year, simply because we didn't have time to even think about it. As we were sitting in the vehicle tonight, N says to me "can I go trick or treating?" ... oh my! I didn't even know he knew what TOT'ing was. I told him that we couldn't go this year, but that he, L and M could all go together next year. That's when he proceeded to tell me that M was going to wear a pink dress for Halloween (she's going to be a princess - that's according to N!) ... L is going to be an elephant and N shouted "I'm going to be a DINOSAUR!" He asked me what I was going to be, and I said, "I'm just going to be Mommy" ... and he said "Noooooooooooooooo, Mommy, you're going to be a giraffe" - LOL! I'm quite vertically challenged, so I'd be one interesting looking giraffe. Ha! I asked him - what is Daddy going to be for Halloween next year? - and N said "I don't remember!" ;-)

After we were done chatting, I turned the radio up. The song "Who Knew" was on. N said "Mommy, this is Pink" .... how in the world did my 2 1/2 year old know that Pink was singing that song?

G was loading up the trailer tonight, and he carried out a very large Rub*bermaid container that we keep our Christmas tree in. N saw the container and said "Oh, it's the Christmas tree - I love Christmas" ... HOW DID HE KNOW THAT THE CHRISTMAS TREE WAS IN THERE?! Sure, he saw us pack it up last January, but he was barely two years old.

He amazes me. G told me tonight that he is way too smart to be our kid. Gee, thanks honey!

No comments: