Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It just gets better

Around 4:30 this afternoon I heard a voice say my name. I freaked, because I knew the boys were napping, and G was at work ...

... down the steps came G. He freaked me out! In his hands he had the latest demands from our buyers. We are a week away from closing, and they are still getting in their digs and their demands. I can't stand this.

Here are their demands ... (keep in mind that closing is scheduled for the 7th of November - until then, the house is ours ... but I'm guessing that's not how they are viewing things)

  • -A contractor of their choice will have access to the house on the 5th, 6th & 7th of November to perform work on the 4th bedroom/storage room.
  • -They will have access to the house starting November 5th so that they can begin moving boxes and furniture over.
  • -Carpet cleaners will come on the 6th of November to clean carpets. (at their expense)
  • -They will bring their freezer over on the 5th of November and plug it in, so that they can bring all of their frozen food over immediately.

What is wrong with these people? Do they not realize that we still live here????? Also included in the latest demands were two things that are small (some trim work) that we seriously forgot about after we built the house, and they did not notice until the inspector saw it. It is NO big deal - nothing major AT ALL. They were fine with the inspection, and never asked to have one small piece of trim put on ... that was until all hell broke loose on Saturday. G made it very clear on Saturday that we were not going to do what they were asking. But, today, there it was -- demanding that it be taken care of. Nope, not happening people.

We are exhausted. We are emotionally drained. We don't have the energy to fight with these people anymore. I am sick and tired of their endless demands - it never ends. Seriously. Because I don't have any energy left to argue, I just signed the darn piece of paper and said the heck with it. I made sure that it was worded that we, as the sellers, are not responsible for anything that would happen to our home due to their contractor, their carpet cleaners or their personal belongings before closing.

The only thing we didn't agree to was the piece of trim. Yes, we're being dorks about it, but it's because they are being such jerks about everything. They told us that we are not being flexible at all. G put them in their place on Saturday -- he asked them how they thought we weren't being flexible. They have been in our house more than I have the past two months - and that isn't far from the truth. Needless to say, they had no comment when G pointed everything out to them. Now add all of these other demands to the list -- since we signed it, I'd say we are being VERY accommodating - wouldn't you?! But, we'll be the bad guy in all of this. I'm sure they will bad mouth us to everyone they know, even though we have done NOTHING wrong. Nothing at all.

Oh, and we won't be seeing them at closing. We'll be in separate rooms. It makes me happy, as I won't be as anxious, but it seriously seems so sad to me. I actually cried about it earlier today. I find it so upsetting that I can't even be on speaking terms with the people that are buying my house -- the house that my husband and I designed and built three years ago. It makes me almost sick to my stomach. It's going to be very hard to walk out of here for the last time ...

1 comment:

Heather said...

I can't believe they want to be in your house starting the 5th but won't close till the 7th. You guys are being more than accommodating. Will you still be there then? Or will you be able to be out and in your rental? I hope you don't have to see them coming and going all day the 5, 6 and 7th. I hate annoying buyers!!!