I'll start with "Baby Madelyn"
Last night I was putting the boys' clothes in their closet. On the top shelf were some of their baby clothes. N asked me who they were for. I told him that they used to be his. He then said - "maybe baby Madelyn can wear them." I asked him who baby Madelyn was. He said "she's my other baby sister, and she lives in Korea just like M used to." Wow! Thank goodness he didn't tell me that it was his baby sister living in Mommy's tummy. LOL! I think I would have went running for the hills. ;-) Anyway, when we started the process we had a few names picked out - one of them being Madelyn. That was MANY months ago. We haven't mentioned that name for at least 8 months. Maybe N knows something that we don't ... not sure. He did end the conversation like this ...
... "I don't think Daddy wants any more babies though."
~~~
The day started out like any other normal day. G was over at the house working, and I was trying to keep my kids from killing each other. OK, it really doesn't get that bad around here, but there are moments. ;-) Anyway ... when G got home I decided that we should call and check on the status of our appliances. They were supposed to be delivered today, but we never got a call. It's a good thing we called them. We were told that they wouldn't be here until the 3rd of April. Um, no. That's not going to work. We ordered the appliances on the 19th of January. You would think that it wouldn't be a huge deal to have them delivered on time, when we ordered them so far in advance. Our dishwasher & microwave are on backorder. Lovely. A person really cannot live without a microwave, can they?! (Yes, I'm being sarcastic, but I really don't know that I could live without one ... especially with small children) G was on the phone with them f-o-r-e-v-e-r. We then put a call into our local store. They did some checking, and got back to us a few hours later. We are being upgraded to a much nicer microwave at no cost to us, plus they are crediting us around $140. Yay! Our washer, dryer, fridge & range will all be here next Tuesday. Our dishwasher & microwave will be here on the 1st of April ... at least it better be. I'll have to live without a dishwasher & microwave for a few days. The horror!
In the meantime, we were freaking out about our countertops. Most of them were supposed to be here this week, but we haven't heard anything. Our master bathroom countertop is a weird/custom shape, so they had to make a mold for it, and it was going to take awhile to get. Well, guess what ... that one will be here first. Go figure! They should all be here Wednesday of next week.
This is the part of the building process that makes me crazy - all of the last minute - hurry up and get things done/finished so that we can move in crap. It is so stressful. I feel like I'm going a million miles a second and there is no time to catch my breath. I seriously feel like I'm spinning in circles and not accomplishing anything. (which isn't far from the truth!)
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the comment about Daddy not wanting anymore babies LOL. It sounds like Noah might have a very strong spiritual gifting! I hope all of the house stuff comes together soon and you can move in and enjoy all of your hard work!
Ugh about your appliances! When we moved in here, we didn't have our washer or dryer hooked up for 3 weeks. It was terrible!!!
Post a Comment