Sunday, March 9, 2008

3 Words Sunday


Dear Grandpa,

It's hard to believe that 8 years have gone by since we lost you. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about you. I miss you terribly. I sat in bed for over an hour this morning and smiled and cried while thinking about you, and all of the memories that I have of our time together. You were an amazing person ~ one of the most kind hearted people I have ever known. You passed away only six months after G and I got married. I just want you to know that I see so much of you in G ... he has a huge heart and would do anything for anyone - just like you. He loves to just get in the vehicle and drive - just like you used to. The thing that pains me the most is that you never got to meet your Great Grandchildren. You loved children so much, and I know you would be enjoying them so much. We talk about you often with the kids, and N always asks if you're still up in heaven with Jesus.

Grandpa ~ I love you and miss you SO much. I'd give anything to hear you say "Hey Missy" as I walked through the door. I didn't like to be called Missy ~ you're the only one who got away with it. ;-)

XOXO,
M

3 comments:

C's Mom said...

What a sweet tribute to your grandfather.

Anonymous said...

a very touching piece, M....especially since I never knew either of my grandpas. :(

Pug Mama said...

so very sweet.
Your grandpa is smiling down on you.