We didn't do much today, which was a nice change. We did go over to the house, because all of our kitchen cabinets were installed yesterday and this morning. I *love* them! It's always a little scary ordering cabinets, when all you have to look at is a little sample door. I'm so happy with them. The color is so rich/warm and looks great with the paint color. I don't have as many cupboards as I had in my last house, but there is a very large walk-in corner pantry, so that makes up for it.
We should be able to move in by the end of the month. I am jumping out of my skin with excitement. I can't even tell you how happy I am to being settled again - finally! It's been a long year!
We spent the afternoon at the house on Saturday. We went over to hang lights, but G nearly electrocuted himself, so we decided to stop that project immediately. I was trying to compare tile to see what I wanted in my kitchen, and was standing near him. I thought he was looking at tile, too, and before I knew it he flew/fell off of the ladder and screamed and yelled. I was like "dude, settle down - it's just tile" ... that's when he told me that he wasn't trying to choose which tile to use - he got shocked. I was scared out of my mind. He had shut off the breakers, so we have no idea what happened. ACK!
After that, we decided to let the boys run around. I have never in my life heard them laugh like they did Saturday afternoon. They were running around hiding in every corner of the house, and then they would find each other and laugh like you wouldn't believe. They had G and I laughing so hard we were crying ~ it was so much fun!
I love my family!
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yikes, that's scary about the shock! We don't even touch any plumbing or electrical issues because we're scaredy cats, and this just reaffirms that!
So, when will we see some pictures! The kitchen sounds fabulous, and I'm still curious about the kids' rooms and why your IL's don't like them!
Post a Comment