Saturday, March 15, 2008

I probably shouldn't even post this


... but I feel like I need to just get this all out before I burst.


I am TIRED. I am STRESSED. I am WORN OUT. It is hard being a single parent. I have the utmost respect for single parents ~ I don't know how you do it.


My husband is NEVER HOME. Granted, he is working, and is working on the house so that we can move in at the end of the month. The problem -- he has a wife and three very small children. He has a wife who is trapped inside her home and cannot leave. I am beginning to go insane. I'm not really - so don't go calling to make me reservations for the nearest padded room. Ha!


Anyway, we are out of diapers*** ... have been since yesterday. (I have a few overnight diapers that have been getting us through) ... my husband had the day off yesterday. Do you think he could have taken 15 minutes out of his day to run to Hell Mart to pick up a few diapers? No. Instead he goes out to eat, and probably had a few beers with my Dad and brother at the end of the day. He didn't get home until it was almost time for the kids to go to bed. Again, I am grateful to him, and appreciate all he is doing for this house. He is putting in long days -- but, guess what - so am I.


I called him a little while ago to see if I was just supposed to feed the kids or if he'll be home for lunch. He said to just feed them. We are out of food - we need groceries. I can't keep feeding these kids pb&j and grilled cheese sandwiches. He doesn't get it, because he's never here.


When I called him he was putting on the door knobs. Um, what's more important? Your children needing food, drink & diapers - or putting on a few door knobs. UGH UGH UGH!!!


Everyone is so worried about G and if he's pushing himself too much. (I am one of those people!) Who cares about me, and the fact that I am literally locked inside my house with a 3 year old, an almost 2 year old and a 10 month old. Oh, yeah, don't forget about the dog.


The dog ... OK, the house that we're renting is a new construction. The yard is not finished. The snow has melted. What does that mean? We have an entire yard full of MUD. Dogs need to go out several times a day. What does this mean? My dog comes in full of MUD several times a day. ARGH!


Going back to everyone being concerned about G. His mother called TWELVE times the other day. Yes, I said 12. I could never get to the phone. I was either feeding someone, taking someone to the bathroom, changing someone's diapers or taking the dog out. You want to know what she wanted? NOTHING. Just wanted to know if G was getting enough rest. Oh, yeah, she called on my birthday as well. Not to wish me a happy birthday, oh no no no ... it was to see if the doors that G varnished turned out OK. Again, WHATEVER!


I love my life, I truly do. However, a person needs to get out of the house every once and awhile, and I can honestly tell you that I do not know the last time I got out of the house by myself. Oh, wait -- it was nearly three months ago, when I snuck out for 30 minutes to get my hair cut.
***eta ~ I feel like such a dolt. I just found a brand new bag of diapers in the kids' closet. Maybe I should just delete this post, since it kind of revolves around the fact that I thought we were out of diapers. However, I think I'll leave it up, so I can look back at it a year from now and laugh and wonder why I was so riled up about the small stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

((HUGS)) All I can say is that I totally know where you are coming from. During the winter it is almost impossible for me to get out of the house with the kids so we do spend all day at home most of the time. Therefore it is very important for me to have grown-up conversation with my husband at night and to get out of the house a couple times a week when he is home. Even just going to a store and wandering around for a half hour really does recharge the batteries. You guys have had an extremely busy past few months but it is almost over!! Next month you will have your hubby back and hopefully you will be getting some time to yourself to go out and do things. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, it must be so hard. It always seems that towards the end the stress picks up and things get worse.

You are in my prayers

Melissa said...

I don't know how I missed this post earlier! I hope that this week is better! You definitely have my sympathies - you should be getting lots of TLC for staying home with 3 little ones all day every day! I hope that you're able to get a little break soon!!