Monday, March 31, 2008

March is going out like a lion

We are in a heavy snow warning through 1:00 Tuesday morning. I really hope this is winter's last hurrah.

Little L has been at his Grandma & Papa's house since Friday evening. He is having a great time, and my Mom & Dad told me that they would like to adopt him. ;-)

Today N was sitting on the couch pretending to take pictures. He then said "I need some friends that can smile and talk to me" ... "Sammy [the dog] doesn't smile for me and he doesn't talk to me -- all he can say is ruff" ... "M doesn't talk - she's just a baby" ... "I want L to come back home, so I have a friend to talk to" Awww! I had to laugh when he was telling me that Sammy is his friend, but the only thing he says is "Ruff" - LOL!

We were able to get a lot of stuff done this weekend. The carpet and countertops are all in. It looks really nice! There are already things that I have noticed that I will for sure change in our next house. You would think that I would have this all figured out by now (it's our 3rd home) but I don't. We have most of our things moved over to the new house. Our rental house is a disaster right now. Nothing is organized, and I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack. I am someone who has to have everything in its place, and that's not happening right now, and it makes me shake. ;-)

On a whim I decided to list our dining room table & chairs on cr*igs_list ... never imagining that I would have any interest. I had 10 people contact me within five days of me listing it. Well, it's gone. I really didn't expect to sell it, so here we sit without a table & chairs. N asked me if we have to eat on the floor now. LOL! We were outgrowing it, and couldn't get any other chairs to match it, so we were in need of something larger ... so, we headed out in the snowstorm to look for a new table. We got a great deal on one - I just hope I like it. It's a counter height table, which G loves. I really like the looks of it, I just question whether or not it's going to look right in our house. I guess we'll wait and see.

On an unrelated note, does anyone else have a relative that has to have their nose into every aspect of your life? I don't want to mention names, but this person is an in-law of mine. This person calls all of the time. This person asks very personal questions about our life - things that I feel this person doesn't need to know. In fact, this person fully admits that they have "nose problems" ... they have to know everything about everyone, and they thrive on gossip. Anyway, it's really starting to get under my skin. I'm almost shocked that this person doesn't ask us to call them each time we use the bathroom ... and I'm not kidding!

Snow snow go away!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't believe you're still getting snow!!

Good luck with getting everything finished in the house!

E.J. said...

No, I do not know of anyone like that. Not me, nooooo sir-eeeeeee! ;-)

Glad to hear the house is being finished up -- pictures, please!