Monday, March 10, 2008

The 30's are here!

Crazy stuff. I don't feel this old. I still feel like I'm 21.

I was thinking about the past 10 years. So much happened during my 20's.

20 ~ built my first house. (1998)

21 ~ got married. (1999)

22 ~ on my 22nd birthday, I got the news that my Grandpa had passed away. (2000)

25 ~ started the adoption process. (2003)

26 ~ found out we were expecting a baby!!!! Sold our first home & built our 2nd house & gave birth to my first child (2004)

27 ~ found out I was expecting baby #2 (2005)

28 ~ gave birth to my second little boy (2006) & started the adoption process
again (2006)

29 ~ sold our 2nd home and started building our third home (2007) received our referral (10/07) and our daughter was placed in our arms on December 24, 2007.

Wow! My 20's were good to me!

The kids have been so good and sweet today. They were so anxious for me to open my presents. In my gift from them was ...



I about died. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. The boys just kind of looked at them and I said "wow, that's quite a gift for my 30th birthday!" ... there was a note from the boys ;) that said "we heard you tell Daddy that all you wanted for your birthday were some scrubbing pads so that you could clean the pots & pans" ... LOL!!

We went over to our new house to see my Dad. G told me that he had the rest of my gift over there. LOL ~ I thought I was just getting some scrubbing pads. I opened up the box, and in it was some alfredo sauce, olives & mushrooms. I had the most dumbfounded look on my face. I looked at my Dad and said "wow, thanks" - and the look on G's face was priceless. I thought maybe G was taking me to Italy - ha ha ha! That's when I found the rest of my gift.



A Canon 430EX external flash. Now I just need to find the time to learn how to use it. ;)

I also got a tripod that I wanted and a set of rechargeable batteries for the flash. My Mom put the alfredo sauce, olives & mushrooms to throw me off ... and throw me off it did!

Not much else going on today. I thought G would take the day off so that we could do something together as a family, but he didn't, so I'm just hanging out by myself. Good times.

2 comments:

M said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

E.J. said...

Hope you had a wonderful entrance into a great decade!