Saturday, March 29, 2008

Breaking News ...

... just as I suspected, they didn't finish installing the carpet yesterday. They assured us that it would be done yesterday, since we're supposed to start moving things TODAY. Well, it's not done, and as of 9:30 this morning, they weren't at the new house yet. What is wrong with these people? We gave them a date - March 28th - that was the date that things were to be finished. "Oh, yes, we'll be done by then - no problem" ... then tell me why you aren't done? So, here I sit wasting time, because there isn't really much I can do. We can't move anything in the house without carpet. {sigh}

I could go on and on about other contractors, but I'll spare you. We have now given everyone until Wednesday to finish. Really, there isn't much left. Carpet (which should be finished today) - our plumber has a few things to finish up (due to the countertop issues) - we have to sheetrock the side garage walls (don't even get me started on that one) - and that's basically it. THANK GOD!

Oh, I almost forgot ... we have countertops! They arrived yesterday, and they are being installed right now.

I'm going to leave each of you with a little advice ...

Don't ever build a house. If you do choose to build a house, don't ever (under any circumstances) build a house and be your own general contractor -- unless, of course, you enjoy stress levels that could send you to the looney bin. ;-)

Have a great day everyone!

No comments: