Monday, March 17, 2008

My baby is 11 months old today!

Happy St Patrick's Day!


3 months ago today, we received our travel call. Crazy! It feels like it was just yesterday, although it also feels like M has been home with us forever. I can't remember what life was like without her.

Little Miss M is 11 months old today. I find it so hard to believe that my precious little girl is going to be ONE in a month. How is that even possible? She still seems like a baby to me, which is fine. She's crawling around, and is trying to pull herself up to stuff, but hasn't mastered that yet. She still very much enjoys her bottle and our snuggle time. I sometimes wish life could be like DVR ... I would love to pause life for a bit. I'm not ready for my kids to grow up!

We ran a few errands yesterday. G went into the store, and I stayed in the vehicle with the kids. People came and went, but there was one person that walked by our vehicle to get into their car that caught N's attention. N asked me who it was. I told him that I didn't know who this person was. He paused and said "Mommy, we need to pray for that guy" ... he then repeated himself, and I asked him why we had to pray for him. He said "We really need to pray for him" - so I asked him again - why did we need to pray for him. He said "He really wants a little boy, so we need to pray for him, so that he can have a little boy." Hmmmm. I've been thinking about this ever since he said it. He watched other people come and go, and never commented on anyone except this one particular guy.

We're getting down to the wire with the house. We are going to start moving some things into the basement this weekend. We were hoping to get the 2nd floor flooring put in on Friday of this week, but we just found out that it's not going to happen. I'm bummed, because I wanted to get the kids' rooms somewhat done over the weekend. G told our flooring place that the carpet had to be installed next week - there was no way around it, because we're moving in the weekend of the 29th. ACK!!!!!!!! That means that I only have one more Monday in this house. I can't believe it! It makes me panic a little bit. (OK, it makes me panic a WHOLE LOT!) I feel like we have so much to do in such a short amount of time. Instead of sitting here on the couch blogging and watching B*g Br*ther Af_ter Da_rk, I should be packing. But, like I said previously, I really can't pack anything.

Moving & packing ... there's nothing better. Aren't you all jealous?!

1 comment:

C's Mom said...

Happy 11 months to your girl.

Ahhh...yes, so jealous about packing and moving ;0) Wishing you the best.