Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'm going to scream!!!

OK, first it was our appliances that were backordered. Thankfully we got our washer, dryer, fridge and range today. Our microwave and dishwasher will be here next week ~ at least that's what they are telling us. I'll believe it when I see it.

Next it was the news about our master bathroom countertop. They took it out of the mold and the surface was all scratched. We find out that it won't be here until the 7th of April, or around there. I can't remember anymore ~ old age is setting in. ;-)

Now, the kicker ... I just got off the phone with the place doing our other countertops. They were scheduled to be here TOMORROW! It's 4:00 p.m., the day before they are to be delivered, and guess what ... yep, you guessed right ... THEY WON'T BE HERE! Are you kidding me? It takes quite a bit to make me mad, and I'm typically very polite and understanding of people. Well, the guy calling me with the news got to see a rare side of me. I didn't yell at him, but I did voice my frustrations to him. I told him that we are moving this weekend - that we need the kitchen countertop, because, really, how is a person supposed to live without a kitchen sink? Especially when you have three small children. I am beyond frustrated. I can live without my bathroom countertop for a week or so, but I simply am having a hard time figuring out how we're going to survive without a kitchen. I am so mad.

He was all calm and said "well, I know you're moving this weekend, but we just found a big scratch in the surface of your kitchen countertop, and we will try and have it done so that it can be delivered next Wednesday?" I said "TRY and have it done?" He said "Yes" ... um, no mister, you *WILL* have it done by Wednesday, if not sooner. We were told it would be here - these were ordered a LONG time ago. Why on earth is it that these places wait until the last minute to finish things? How about getting things done in advance, that way if there is a problem, they can get it fixed and to the customer on time without disrupting the customer. WHY is that so hard to do? WHY WHY WHY???

We may be staying put for one more week. I really hope not. I was hoping to be in and somewhat settled before little L's 2nd birthday - I didn't want to be moving on his birthday. We already missed Easter with the kids, I don't want to miss L's birthday too.

Building a house is way too stressful. (especially when you are your own general contractor) It will all be worth it in the end, but right now I'm not enjoying it much.

1 comment:

E.J. said...

Wow, that all sounds very crazy-making! Sorry it's been so stressful. At least an end is in sight, right? I'm still very impressed by how fast this whole process is, though I can tell it feels like an eternity to you! :-)