Monday, March 24, 2008

I'm exhausted!

I feel like I did 3 months ago! 3 months ago TODAY we arrived home with our little girl. It seems like just yesterday that we were on that plane coming home. We fall more and more in love with her with each passing day.

We had a busy weekend. The boys stayed at my parents house, and G and I worked on moving some of our things to the new house. We stored everything in the basement at our current house, so we had to carry everything up a flight of stairs, load it into the trailer, and then take it over to the new house and carry it down another flight of stairs. (since the house isn't done, we need to store everything in the basement) Needless to say, we made about a gazillion trips up and down the steps, and we are sore and very tired!

We worked on this Saturday & Sunday, so we weren't able to spend Easter with the boys. I was bummed, since we missed Christmas with family as well. (we had just gotten home with M, so we stayed home) The boys spent the day at their Great Grandma's, and had a great time. Great Grandma bought all of the Grandchildren pajamas. N opened his, and was "so so sad" (as he put it) ... I had told him that the Easter Bunny was going to bring him some Cars (from the movie) so that's what he thought he was getting. When he opened it up and saw pajamas, he was sad. LOL!

I went and got the boys this afternoon. N was happy to see me, but he wasn't thrilled about coming home. Once I told him that we needed to go home to see what the Easter Bunny brought for him, he decided that it would be OK to come home with me. As we were leaving, he looked at my Mom and said "Grandma, thank you so much for letting us come and stay with you." Awww!

I'm super exhausted and need to get to bed. I got on the scale tonight - what a mistake that was. UGH! Or maybe it wasn't a mistake ... maybe it was the kick in the pants that I needed. I have put on 6 1/2 pounds in three months. YUCK! Our eating habits have been awful lately - we're never home, so I haven't been cooking many meals. UGH UGH UGH!!! I'm so upset with myself!

We're moving into our new home this weekend - I can't wait!!!

No comments: