Friday, March 7, 2008

Where did this week go?

It's hard to believe that it's Friday. Not much happened today. It was freezing AGAIN - please tell me Spring is coming soon - I can't take much more of this weather. Anyway, we stayed home again today. This is shocking news, but we didn't eat out AT ALL this week. It's a record. It felt so good to eat at home, and finally cook some good meals. We have wasted so much money on take out over the past few months ~ plus fast food is terribly unhealthy. You know it's bad when your 3 year old and one year old know, and recognize, every fast food restaurant in the city. Bad bad bad parents. But, what do you do when you are gone every single day of the week, and by the time you get home, it is time for your husband to go to work ... I just cannot wait for our life to slow down. My waistline is going to like it too ... I think our crappy eating habits are catching up with me. SIGH SIGH SIGH!!!

Our big decision of the weekend. Do we travel 13 hours (round trip) to get N a bed? It would cost over $150 in gas alone, but we would save ourselves roughly $100 over ordering it online. (the bed is only available online - and is VERY hard to find) I don't really feel like traveling that far - we'd do it all in one day. We'd have to leave around 5:30am, which, with the time change, would really be 4:30am. Um, doesn't that sound like a good time?! Decisions decisions.

Tomorrow we're planning on hanging lights at the house. Our electrician was at the house today - I'm hoping he got everything done so we don't have any scary incidents this weekend. I really want to get the door handles on the doors as well. There is just something about wanting the little things done ... makes me feel like I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

A little funny from today ~ there is a Dis*ney Car that N wants. I found it on e*Bay. I thought I was being smart and waited until the last 5 seconds to place my bid. L was on my lap, and hit my hand as I was about to submit my bid. When I finally hit the button it said "SORRY BIDDING HAS ENDED FOR THIS ITEM" ... when N found out that we didn't get it, you would have thought that his beloved blanket disappeared. He was devastated! I told him that I was so sorry, and he just kept crying. (he's usually not one to react like this -- he is VERY laid back and doesn't get too worked up about anything) I apologized again, and he said "It's ok Mommy" - he's such a sweet little boy.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Well, since I just got back from a long trip, I say just order it! :)

E.J. said...

That is such a cool bed -- every little boy's dream!