Friday, February 29, 2008

Toilets and Sinks and Carpet ... OH MY!

We dropped the boys off at my parents house, and we (along with M) went shopping for our floor coverings. We were done in 1 1/2 hours. We had the carpet that is in the majority of the house picked out in about 10 seconds. (no lie!) LOL! I think everyone that we have dealt with just laughs at us, because we take about a minute to make decisions. It's amazing that our homes come together as well as they do, because we really don't sit and think about anything too long. ;-)

Unless we're talking about toilets ...

Man oh man - why is it that I have been looking at toilets for months and I can't pick one out?! I'm cracking myself up, because, really, who cares what a toilet looks like? Does anyone even notice when they come to your house? I've never walked out of someone's bathroom and said "oh, Sally, I love your toilet - where did you get it?!" ;-) Nor have I left someone's house and said "G, did you notice Sally's toilet - it was so ugly" ... so why am I putting so much thought into this?

In my quest for the perfect toilets, I have come to realize that there are some very spendy little ones out there. I found a $3,000 toilet that was so ugly. Who would spend $3,000 on a toilet?!

My goal for the weekend -- pick out toilets. How exciting is that? Next weeks task -- pick out a kitchen sink.

My life is so exciting! ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To be honest I hate both of our toilets so I think it is wise that you are taking your time LOL. I can't say I ever cared about a toilet until we moved into this house and both of the toilets are annoying in their own way.

E.J. said...

See, and my husband loves our toilet because it's called The Champion. It sits like a throne, LOL! It's a great toilet, though; it neveer clogs.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.