Thursday, February 28, 2008

Someone tell me ...

... how in the world to take a picture of three kids, ages 3, 22 months & 10 months and have them all sit still and look at the camera ... oh, and smiling while looking at the camera would be a bonus. {sigh} I tried for an hour this afternoon to get ONE decent picture of all three kids together. My oldest was the only one who cooperated. He kept looking at L & M and saying "just cooperate for Mommy" - LOL! Hmmm, wonder where he has heard that line before. Ha!

L was just a grump and did not want to look at the camera at all. M would look, but looked as if I drugged her. No expression at all. And then there was N ... happy as a lark. (because I had bribed him with Valentine's Candy ... hehehe!)

We were trying to get a picture for M's announcement that we're putting in my hometown newspaper. Well, instead of all 3 kids, it's just going to be a picture of M. I'm disappointed, but I pulled out all of the stops today -- danced around like a freak, sang like a dork and bribed them with candy. Nothing worked. Nothing.

Oh, we stopped at the house today. My IL's were there staining. We finally came right out and asked my MIL if she liked the house. She said that she did, but that she absolutely hated N's room. OMG! LOL! I would NEVER go into her house and say "I absolutely HATE this room" - wow. I know nobody likes it, and that's fine, but it's the way she said it. All that matters it that N loves it, and is so excited about it. (he's getting a Cars [the movie] bedroom)

I leave you with this picture of my little happy girl!

4 comments:

Heather said...

So what crazy thing are you doing to N's room? LOL! I'm sure I'd think it was great. If N loves it, which I am betting he does/will, that is ALL that matters! At least your ILs are staining & helping G a bit, right? Sorry they are so negative.

Anonymous said...

I am chuckling a little about the photo shoot. That sounds like my attempts to get a Christmas card picture a few months ago. The attempt pictures are posted on my Facebook and you can see why I ended up using individual pictures instead of a group shot. I have been trying for 8 months to get a nice pic of the 4 kids and it still hasn't happened.

E.J. said...

I know; I'm dying to know what is supposedly so awful about N's room, too!

Sorry about the photo shoot, but you did get a great pic!

Melissa said...

What a SWEET picture!