N and I went to visit them this morning. I walked into the room, and my brother was holding Liam, and I could not get over how small he was. I forgot just how small newborns are. I must admit, as soon as I saw his sweet face, I thought to myself - "there is no way that we are done having kids" - but, I need to remember that G told me I'd have to find another husband if I wanted any more children. ;-) I'm not so sure I want to do that, so I may just have to sit back and think about reality, and the fact that newborns turn into kids, and then teenagers. Ack! I just love kids SO much. I always thought I'd have two kids, but I'd really love to have more. In a dream world I'd love to have one more biological child, and adopt another child. I know that this will NEVER happen, but if money grew on trees, I would have a house filled with kids. OK, now back to what I was posting about -- little Liam ...
... I held him for about 30 minutes and fell in love with him. He is just so sweet, cute and perfect. He looks a lot like my brother (I suppose that means that my brother is sweet, cute & perfect?!?! ... he probably thinks so - LOL!), although his coloring is much darker. He reminds me a little of our little L. He was so cuddly! N loved him, and even asked his aunt & uncle if we could take him home. LOL! (he was VERY serious!) He also brought one of his front loaders with him to the hospital so that he could show his new little cousin. ;-)
Can I whine for a second? Hey - why am I asking you - this is my blog, I guess I can whine if I want to. :-P I hate doing this, because I am not this kind of a person, but my heart breaks a little for little Miss M. I am not one that expects gifts - not at all. I just feel bad, because the boys have so many baby cards for their baby books, and M has three. It's so different when you don't give birth ~ I'm not sure if people look at it differently or what, but I really hope she doesn't ask questions when she gets older. I know everyone loves her and cares about her, but things have been different than they were when I gave birth to the boys.
Anyway, I'll leave you with this ...
N was getting a little impatient at the hospital. I was trying to talk to my brother, and N was getting antsy. He threw his hands up in the air and said ...
"I don't know what my problem is"
and then he sighed and walked off. It was hilarious!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment