G and I agreed that we would not exchange cards/gifts this year. I got the boys up this morning, and N walked towards the steps and says "I see the hearts, Mommy" - I didn't know what he was talking about, so I looked around the corner. Sure enough, there was a banner with hearts on it. As we made our way downstairs, N said "Oh, look, there's a present" ... on the kitchen table sat a gift, card and letter. G obviously didn't listen. He told me not to be mad at him, but that he tends to take me and what I do on a day to day basis for granted, and Valentine's Day is his day to show me how much he loves me and appreciates what I do. Awwwww, very sweet. But ... it makes me feel like such a loser! I didn't get him a card or a gift, because I didn't think we were doing anything. He told me that he doesn't care at all, and that Valentine's Day is for girls anyway. LOL!
Here's what I got ...
Socks (pink)
PajamasThey are so cute and soft. I have a serious addiction to pajamas, so it was the perfect gift. L (my 22 month old) looked at them and said "new jammas Mommy?" "oh, cute" LOL!
~~~
I know we're getting old when this is what a "date night" consists of ... having the kids in bed before 9:00, ordering take-out and sitting on the couch together watching Surviv*r. How romantic! ;-)
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment