Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Six Days ...

We are on day SIX of painting hell. I don't even know how many hours G has put into it. All I know is he has only gotten a few hours of sleep a night. Saturday night he got two hours. You would think we built a 10,000 sq foot mansion. Ha! Nope, just a average sized house. But, there are 14 different paint colors in the house, so maybe that's what is taking so long. LOL! Poor guy!

It's 9:30pm, and I just sat down to eat supper. This is actually the earliest I have eaten all week. How healthy. {sigh}

I am SO extremely excited for one of my friends. She and her husband arrived in Korea yesterday (well, the middle of the night our time) - and they meet their precious daughter in ONE HOUR!!!! I have butterflies in my stomach. All of those anxious feelings come back. There is NOTHING in the world like seeing your child for the first time. You spend months looking at a little picture, and to see them, and finally realize that "oh my gosh - this is real!" - there are no words to describe it.

Does anyone else have family that can never say anything nice to you? My IL's are like that, and it's really starting to bother me. They have been at our new house off and on for the past two weeks. They refuse to say ANYTHING nice about the house. My MIL looked at the paint yesterday, but refused to say anything to G. My FIL came upstairs (he didn't know G and I were up there) and grumbled something about the colors in the kids' rooms. He then spotted us and said "oh, I didn't know you were here" and then looked at me and said "have you changed your mind?" - I asked him what he meant, and he said "have you changed your mind about all of these paint colors?" ... I told him "no!" and told him that I was very happy with how it turned out. He turned around and said "whatever" -- WTH?! You want to know what they have said about the house -- they actually told us that it doesn't have any windows. LOL! The house has over 20 windows - I don't think it's lacking. Again, WTH? But, G's Dad has always been very negative about everything that we have done. When G worked his butt off to get a new car, his Dad told him that it was "too much car for him" ... Ugh!

I have some cute pictures to post tomorrow. Little Miss M has started doing something SO cute!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You are seriously cracking me up with the 14 different paint colors! I don't remember how many we had for our first house, but it was a bunch! I love painted rooms, although Brian and I come close to divorce every time we try to paint!

Let's see new pics of Molly! I can't wait!