Saturday, February 2, 2008

Let's talk paint

They are going to start hanging sheetrock this coming week, which means that we need to pick out paint. UGH! I don't know why, but this is one of the things I dread the most. The bedrooms are easy, but it's the main living area (foyer, great room, dining, kitchen) that is hard. This is a fairly open area, so we're probably going to do one color throughout, with (maybe) an accent wall in the great room. Does anyone have a color that they love? We're leaning towards a brownish/tanish color ...

HELP!

4 comments:

Heather said...

M we went with a brownish tan color through out the house. Our main level is very open. We painted the dining room area (just 2 walls and a post) a light creamy green. I really like it. I've added burgundy accents to the rest of the main level.

What did you decide on trim? Paint or stain?

M said...

We painted our entry, living room, dining room and upstairs loft a tan color by Behr called Classic Taupe. It is a fabulous neutral and I love how it looks.

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love the color we have in our living and dining room. I'm emailing you a picture.

Anonymous said...

We have an open floor plan and used Benjamin Moore's Sepia Tan for the living room/dining room/kitchen.