Monday, February 4, 2008

Our weekend

Friday was full of excitement ~ we went out and bought stain. It was a blast. Ha!

Saturday ~ G spent the day at the new house insulating. I stayed home with the kids. They were all very good, which helped. N was so excited all day, because his Papa was coming to pick him up after they were done insulating, so that he could spend a few days at his Grandma & Papa's. I decided during his nap that I didn't want him to go ... I have issues. LOL! I am a freak when it comes to letting my kids get in a vehicle with other people. It scares me! Anyway, my Dad was already on his way over to pick N up, so I decided that I needed to suck it up, and let him go. I went to get him up from his nap, and started crying. I said "N, do you just want to stay home with Mommy & Daddy" -- his response -- "No, I don't want to stay here with YOU, I want to go to Grandma & Papa's house" ... knife in heart ... tears flowing down my face.

My Dad comes, I get N's coat on, and get the suitcase. I look at N and start BAWLING. I was crying so hard, that I needed to go upstairs and let G deal with everything. OMG - what is wrong with me? I am so attached to my kids. I worry about them so much when they are not with me.

Anyway, I think the fact that I wasn't feeling the greatest, and was so exhausted made me overly emotional.

Sunday ~ G left the house around 6:30 am to go work at the new house. He got home around 11:30, and we got the kids fed and then went to get a few things at S*m's Club, and picked up lunch at Appleb**s. (I'll save that experience for another post)

We paused the big game, and started watching it after the kids were in bed. N called just as the game was getting over and said "THE GIANTS WON, MOMMY ... GOOOOOOOOOOOOO GIANTS" ............ ACK!!!!!!!!!!! (we had just started watching the game when he called) He was so excited - and it was adorable. We finished up the game around 11:15, and were SO excited and happy about the outcome. What a game that was - wow! GO GIANTS!!!!! I think the true colors of Bill B. came out last night. Classy. (ha)

We had another crazy day today, and will have an even crazier day tomorrow. We will both be so happy when this house is done. It is really started to wear on us.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: