Friday, November 30, 2007

Update on Miss M! :-)

Our agency received an update on our daughter, and our social worker emailed it to us today. You want to know the ironic thing ...

N & L had their well child check-ups TODAY. A few hours after we got home, I checked my email and there it was ... an update on our little girl. We received new stats/info on ALL THREE of our children today -- how ironic is that? It totally gave me chills. I called G to tell him about my discovery, and he was less than impressed. I was like "G, this totally gave me chills" - and he says "yeah, that is a little ironic." Men! ;-)

Anyway ...

I can happily report that my boys and my daughter are all healthy as can be and doing wonderful. The boys were so cute at the clinic. They were so well behaved, although they did get a bit antsy towards the end. The nurse took us back to the room, and L climbed in one chair and N in the other. They were sitting there like perfect little angels watching the nurse write some things down. N then took his hands and placed them on L's face and said "L, look at me" (in a very quiet, sweet little voice) and then when L turned to look at him, N said "isn't this fun?!" ................. aaahhh - they are so precious!

I had explained to them that the doctor would look in their ears to see if there were any puppies in there, and then he would look in their mouth, so they would have to say "aaaaahhhhh" ... so, when the doctor did this with L, he was all excited to have him look in his ears. When our doctor told him to say "aaahhh" - L said "aaahhh" opened his mouth wide open, and turned his head to the side so that our doctor could look in his ear. LOL!!!

When N had to get up on the table to have "everything" checked out, he got this look of horror on his face and in a constipa_ted (no other way to describe it - LOL!) voice he said "I doooooooooon't liiiiiiiiiiiiiiike this!" ... I could not stop laughing! ;-) ;-)

N asked our doctor when M was going to come home. He asks everyone, because he is waiting for someone - anyone - to tell him. He tells us mulitple times a day that he was M home. Our doctor didn't know that we had received our referral, so N got the picture out, and showed it to our doctor. N was SOOOO proud of his baby sister. He walked all over the clinic flashing that picture to everyone. He is one VERY proud big brother. I cannot wait to see N & L with their baby sister - they are going to be the best big brothers.

***

This won't mean anything to most of you either, but our I-600 made it through the NVC. (National Visa Center) It was sent to Korea on Tuesday, November 27th. It could still be awhile before our travel call, but I do know that a few people received their travel call TWO WEEKS after their I-600 made it through the NVC. EEK!!! I guess I better start getting all of our stuff in order. I'm still thinking January, but you just never know!

***

The house is coming along well, despite this colder than cold weather. What is up with this weather anyway? Did someone forget to tell Mother Nature that it is still November ... it's not January. I am not ready for these sub zero temps. It is not helping us out during the construction process at all. I never thought I'd have to shovel snow out of my kitchen, family room, bathroom and office ;-) -- but it looks like I'm going to have to. Our carpenter came in the house while we were over there and said "you sure don't keep a very clean house Melissa" - LOL!!! (the floor was covered in snow!)

That's it for now. I'll sleep good tonight -- I've been blessed with three amazing and healthy children.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's all very good news! You're getting soooooo close to holding M in your arms, Melissa!!! SOOOO close!

Anonymous said...

That's all very good news! You're getting soooooo close to holding M in your arms, Melissa!!! SOOOO close!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Melissa, you have no idea how happy I would be if you had 'M' home for Christmas! What an amazing gift that would be. Prayers for a speedy travel call.