G was at work, the boys were still in their cribs, and I was in the shower. I had just put conditioner in my hair when I hear the loud sound of smoke alarms go off. I shut the water off, and flew out of the shower. That's when I hear SCREAMS coming from the boys' room. I was scared to death. I felt the door to make sure it wasn't hot, and then stormed in there. Nothing. Thank God. But, I was still freaking out. Why were our smoke alarms going off? I couldn't smell smoke. I was dripping wet - I still had conditioner in my hair - my dog was barking like crazy - and my boys were screaming at the top of their lungs. Lovely.
I ran around the house to check everything and found nothing. I then checked the internet, and I guess steam from a shower (if the bathroom door is open) can set them off. I had left the door open, so that I could hear the boys if there was a problem.
Whew! I was seriously freaking out, thinking I was going to have the grab the boys and get out of the house. ... the scary thing - I only had a towel wrapped around me. Not a pretty sight. Have you ever thought about what you would do in that situation? What if you were in the shower and there was a fire and you didn't have time to get dressed. Holy moly - it made me think. I am always going to keep something easy to throw on right next to the shower! I do not want to go running around the neighborhood in my b'day suit. Ha! (we have an assisted living facility next to us - I'd probably give the poor residents a heart attack - LOL!)
In the midst of that drama, my Mom called to tell me that my cousin was in the hospital, and they were going to take the baby. The baby stopped growing around 34 (?) weeks, and she is now 36 weeks. They were guessing the baby to be 3 lbs. She was induced, and my Mom called me back early this afternoon to tell me that everything went really well. She had a VERY short labor, and the baby was 3 lbs 10.5 oz. He scored a 9/10, and seems to be doing well so far. Praise God!
I took the boys over to the construction site again. They had so much fun running around in the basement. N & L thought it was cool to run around the footings. L couldn't stop giggling! It has been so much fun to watch this through their eyes. They are loving it!
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my! I am so glad the house wasn't on fire! Thanks for the tip! Where are the pictures of the boys in the dirt:)
Post a Comment