Monday, November 19, 2007

November 19, 2004

(note - the dates should have bullets - they show up when I go into compose mode, but don't show up on the blog. What gives?!)

This was my due date with Noah. It's hard to believe that three short years ago Noah was still in my tummy hanging out - not wanting to join the real world. ;-) So much has changed in three short years ... it takes my breath away thinking about it.

  • In October of 2004 our new home was finished and we moved in.
  • November 22, 2004 our first son entered the world
  • August 2005 we found out that baby #2 was on his/her way
  • April 2006 baby boy #2 joined the world
  • November 2006 we decided to start the adoption process
  • January 2007 we attended our adoption classes
  • February 2007 our home study was completed
  • April 2007 we put our home on the market
  • September 2007 we received an offer on our house
  • October 5, 2007 we received a referral for our daughter
  • October 21, 2007 we sold our house
  • November 4, 2007 we moved into our rental house
  • November 7, 2007 we closed on our house
  • November 9, 2007 we started construction on our new house

Whew! ... and I wonder why I'm tired. LOL!

Some good news -- a very dear friend of mine received her travel call today. She waited a little less than 11 weeks from referral to travel. She flies to Korea to get her daughter on Wednesday. Please keep her in your prayers - pray that she has a safe trip, and that her trip home goes well with her new daughter. I am thrilled for her, and cannot wait to see her little angel in her arms. I'm hoping that my little girl is at the agency in Korea while she is there -- I'd love for my friend to get a glimpse of my little sweetie.

Construction update - things are going just as planned. The masons should be finishing up tomorrow, and the carpenters started today. One of the carpenters is a guy that I graduated with. I haven't seen him in over 10 years. His Mom was my dance teacher way back when, and I had a HUGE crush on him when I was younger ... OK, maybe a little bit of one in middle school too. ;-) He's one of those guys that everyone was in love with. LOL!

No comments: