That is me right now. Wow. When G and I walked out of the house for the last time on Sunday night, we both cried. I could not stop crying. It's so hard. I need to realize that it's just a house, and that our new house will be well worth the pain right now. We put so much thought and work into that house, so it was hard to walk away. Very hard.
This morning we had to drive over to the house, because G needed to get something that we forgot to take with us. N hasn't been there since we moved out, since he and L were staying with my parents while we moved. N was so excited that we were home - he wanted to know why we couldn't go inside. I told him that it wasn't our house anymore, and he said "but Mommy, it is our house" -- "I want to go in my house - I want to go home" -- it broke my heart, and I started bawling. He's adjusting very well to the rental house, but it's still hard. It breaks my heart when he looks at me and says that he is sad about the new house, and wants to go back home. OK, I'm crying again. Why is this so hard for me?
We close on everything tomorrow -- our "old" house, our new building lot, and our construction loan. Please pray that things go smoothly. I'm sure they will, but I'm a bit anxious/nervous about it.
As I mentioned before, I ended up calling the buyers of our house. We were receiving some of their mail, and I decided to be the bigger person, and call and let them know. (instead of putting it back in the mailbox with "return to sender" written on it) I left them a nice message, and got a call on Sunday morning from them. We had a very nice conversation - believe it or not. They feel the same way that G and I do ... things got out of hand, there were so many misunderstandings, and things were not communicated very well. G and I always said that we wish the realtors would let us all sit down in a room and discuss things -- it would eliminate so much stress. She told me that they would like to sit down with us sometime after we close to tell us some things that were said about us. ???? I can't imagine what that could be, so it should be interesting.
This doesn't excuse the behavior from a few weeks ago, but they were made to believe that we are complete jerks, and we basically were led to believe the same about them. Emotions were running high that Saturday morning, and things got a little crazy.
I feel better about things, and am glad that I called. I hate having people think that I'm a mean person, because I'm not. This whole situation has been eating me alive, and had me sick to my stomach.
One side note - I cannot wait for the boys to have their own room again. Right now they share a room, and they are little stinkers at nap time. It took 1 1/2 hours to get them to stop talking this afternoon. I think they are loving it, but Mommy isn't. ;-)
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
(((((((((Hugs))))))))) We moved a lot when I was a kid, so I can understand how emotional it must have been to close the door that last time. Think of how special the new house will be, though, and how many amazing memories you'll make there as a family of FIVE!
It's so hard to leave a house you've loved so much. The other day Isabel wanted to watch my "goodbye tour" from our old house. It's a video I made where I went through the house talking about each room. It was SO hard to make, but now when we watch it it's hysterical. "Here's where Isabel took her first steps. Sob, sniff... Here's where we used to run around the table playing tag. Weep..." lol! She used to ask for her old room all the time, but that stops after awhile. The hardest part is living in trasition. I hope the boys are better about naps!
Katrina still asks if we can move back into our old house. Kids generally don't respond well to changes like that so just give N some time and don't feel so bad about it! It is so sad and heartbreaking to leave a home even if you are moving somewhere better. I bawled my eyes out when I thought about leaving our first home together as a family. You will make new memories at your new house and it will become special to you as well.
I would be cautious about meeting with these people to talk about the mean things that were said about you. I don't want to see you upset or stressed about some negative things that someone said about you. You know that you acted in an honorably and respectful way and that is all that matters so I would try not to get moved by what other people were gossiping about you. ((HUGS))
Post a Comment