Saturday, November 10, 2007

5:30 am

That's what time I got up this morning so that I could go shopping ... by myself! Kohl's opened at 6:00 am, although I didn't get there until closer to 7:00. Let me tell you - it was pure bliss. I think there were maybe five other customers in the store. Nothing like having the entire store to yourself. Wonderful!

I got some of the boys' Christmas shopping done. I also got a bunch of clothes on clearance for next fall/winter. While I was in the checkout the cashier asked if I needed gift receipts. I told her that I didn't. She then said, "oh it must all be going to one household" - I told her that it was for us. She then asked if I had little boys (it was obvious from the toys that I was buying!) and then said "oh, you must have a little girl, too" ... I told her that I had a little girl on the way. The look on her face was priceless. She looked at my stomach, and looked up and said "really?" I then explained. She went on to tell me that her friends just got home from China last month with their little girl. She was asking me how old M is, and when we think she'll be home. While she was asking me all of this, she got all choked up and got tears in her eyes. She apologized, and told me that she just thinks it is such an amazing thing - and after seeing her friends go through it, she knows what we're going through, and she is just so excited for us to finally get our little girl home. Wow! This was from a complete stranger. She was so nice!

We went over to the house when I got home. The guy doing our excavating was still working, so the boys were excited. Neither one wanted to leave again, and L actually started crying and was saying "dirt" "dirt" "dirt" ... he loved watching him move the dirt. ;-)

It is almost comical how small the hole for our basement looks. I told G that I don't think we're going to have enough room to live. Ha! I need to remember that we're buiding up (it's a two story) so the basement is going to look small.

I need to go make supper - I'm starving!

Have a good weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like shopping nirvana! Did you find something for yourself too? Oh, and I'm still filling a box of summery play clothes (2T) and some Hanna jammies (90), so don't buy too far ahead for Little M! I just need to top it off so it's full before I mail it.

M :-) said...

Sarah ~ you are the best!!! Thank you! Oh, and I found a pair of jeans for myself - I don't need any more jeans, but when you find a pair that fit good, you must buy them. Ha!