In four short hours (11:00 am December 13th, which is 8:00 pm central time December 12th) my little sweetheart has her Visa Interview. This is the LAST step before she receives travel clearance. I was not going to call the Washington DC Visa office until Friday, but I am so glad I called today. In the past, the women that I have talked to have been less than friendly. Today, when I told the woman what I was calling about, she said "I would LOVE to look up her status" ... she then said "I have good news for you, but first - OH MY GOSH is she ever cute" "Her hair -- look at all of her hair!" "She is just so cute!" ... I was loving all of the compliments on my sweet little girl, but I am an anxious parent, and wanted to know what the good news was. She then said "well, she is scheduled for her VI today at 11:00 am" ... my heart stopped. OMG - my baby is going to come home SOON! She then said, because she (DC Visa office) has her picture already, that it is a VERY (she really stressed this) good sign. She told me that if we don't hear anything by Friday, to please call them back. I think I stopped breathing at that point. I was just told by our agency to expect to wait 4-6 more weeks.
I hung up the phone and cried. Happy tears, of course, but I cried for about 30 minutes. I am freaking out. I have nothing ready. I need to pack for us - I need to pack for the boys - I still have gifts (for Korea) to buy. Oh my goodness!
... I went and checked flights. It made me want to puke. They are SO expensive right now. I don't know what we'll do if we get our call tomorrow or Friday. I want her home in time for Christmas, but I also cannot afford to pay what they want for tickets right now. The stress never ends. ;-)
I can't believe we are this close -- I truly can't believe it!!!!!
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ooooh, that gave me chills!! What if you really DO have her home by Christmas?????
Post a Comment