Monday, December 3, 2007

The land of the not-so-bright

We we moved, we switched phone companies. This afternoon our phones stopped working. No dial tone - nothing. I went to our phone comp. website, and went to their troubleshooting page. I did everything that they told me to do. Nothing fixed the problem. I went to their live online support ...

"Hello, how can I help you today?"

"I'm having problems with my telephone service. There is no dial tone - I cannot make calls, nor can I receive calls."

"I'm sorry, but you need to call us to receive telephone support"

"I cannot call you. I have tried everything that it says to try under troubleshooting, and nothing has fixed the problem"

"I'm sorry, but you will need to call us"

"That is difficult to do since I DO NOT HAVE A WORKING PHONE - how am I supposed to call you, when my phone does NOT work?"

"I'm sorry, but we are unable to help you"

***

HELLO!!!!!!!!!! Online support cannot help you out with phone issues. You must call their customer service number with phone problems. Anyone see a problem here?!?!

Unbelievable. Seriously.

4 comments:

Chris said...

It is ridiculous isn't it?! Almost every time we have moved there has been some type of phone problem. DH ends up having to go to work and phone... stupid phone companies LOL!

Olivia said...

Someone wasn't thinking things through when that policy was made!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, pretty much the same thing happened to my parents last month.
"customer service"??? my foot! :D

Anonymous said...

I would have asked for the supervisor. Then if he/she didn't help I would have thrown a fit right there on the phone. Lol. Crazy people. I never heard of a sillier rule.