ACK! Did anyone else realize (I'm sure you did - I'm just so scatterbrained lately that this small little fact did not occur to me) that Christmas is only TWO weeks away? Two short weeks away? Oh my word! This just does not seem possible. Where did this year go?
I'm usually spending the month of December baking, planning our menu, wrapping gifts etc... and this year I have done NOTHING! We put the tree up, and put the lights on it. Did we decorate it -- no. Unreal! What is wrong with us?! I think the fact that we aren't in our house makes a huge difference. We're as settled as you possibly can be when you're living in a house that you're renting. I have not baked anything. I have not even thought about what we're having on Christmas Eve -- that's when we do our little family Christmas. Man oh man - I need to kick it into gear!
I asked N if he wanted to make a birthday cake for Jesus. He was SO excited, and told me that he wanted to have Jesus over for birthday cake. He told me that he wants us to make Jesus a Cars cake, and that Jesus is going to look at him and say "Thank you N for the Cars birthday cake" -- LOL!
The house is really coming along. I feel awful for our carpenters working out is the bitter cold. I really need to bake them something and take it over there! I think we are going to love our new house. The second floor is lovely, and I think it is going to be just perfect for us. N, L & M will all have their own bedroom & a shared bathroom on the second floor, as well as our master suite. The laundry room is also up there, which I think will be perfect. Speaking of the kids' bathroom. When I first let N pick out the decorations for the bathroom, he picked out some Sea Life stuff. It was cute, but not my favorite. He then decided (with a little help from Mommy - ha!) that he liked the dinosaur bathroom stuff. I love the dinosaur decorations - the colors are so rich. Well, now he decided he doesn't want that either -- he wants a sailboat bathroom -- which is where we started months ago. So, sailboats it is. We're going to do a nautical theme, which should turn out really cute!
I really should get something done. I have not even begun to pack for our big trip, and haven't even started my lists yet. I'm procrastinating because I'm telling myself that our travel call is never going to come. Good attitude, huh?!
;-)
Crap - I just realized something else. It is the 11th of December (I had to look up the date - don't for one second think that I actually knew what day of the month it was -- LOL!), and I haven't even taken the boys' picture for our Christmas card, and I haven't even thought about our Christmas letter. AAAHHH!!!!! Is being so busy that I feel like my head is going to spin off a good enough excuse for being late on the cards?! I sure hope so.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment