G has been off work since last Wednesday. It certainly doesn't feel like he has been home for six days. The past six days have been crazy busy, and then add the stress and worry of his sister's situation on top of that ... let's just say that we are burnt out!
Last night we ordered pizza around 11:30 pm. Five minutes before the pizza was delivered we heard N crying and yelling for me. I figured he probably woke up from a bad dream and was scared. I went up there, and didn't turn on the light. I walked in and could see that he was sitting up and was pointing down. I thought for sure he had wet the bed, so I put my hand on his blankets & sheets to see if they were wet. They were wet all right ... he had gotten sick to his stomach. :-( ACK! I have a puke phobia, and this was the first time any of my kids have gotten sick to their stomach. N is 3 years old, so we have been very lucky that this hasn't happened before now. Even so - it didn't make it any easier. He has a new bed, so we only have one set of sheets. I had just washed them earlier in the day! I stripped his bed and threw everything in the wash. I got him settled and G sat down to eat some pizza ... my stomach was turning, so I couldn't even look at food. Around 3:30 we heard the same cries ... I was up until 5:00 am washing everything again. :-(
He seemed to be better today. He only ate a few bites of applesauce and two pieces of toast. He kept it all down, which is a good thing. ;-) I hope he's back to his usual self tomorrow. I get worried when he doesn't eat or drink well.
I *FINALLY* got the kitchen all organized. What a pain that was! It feels great to have it done. The rest of the house is still an unorganized mess, but at least the most important room is clean and organized!
G had an interesting conversation with his Mom last night ... one that left me feeling really crummy/hurt. The way they feel about their kids' spouses is enough to make me want to cry. My parents treat G as if he is one of their kids ... my IL's treat their kids' spouses like second class citizens, and I'm sick and tired of it. I have lost a lot of respect towards them the past few days, which is sad. :-(
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so sorry about the IL's, Melissa. I'm right there with you, and I know it sucks. (((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))
Post a Comment