She's ONE! It's also been four months since our travel call. Wow!
***(Grrrr ... blogger isn't letting me upload pictures, so I will try and post some tomorrow)
I was very emotional last night. I took M out of her highchair, and started bawling. N (my 3 year old) asked me why I was so sad. I explained it to him, and he said "but, Mommy, I am so happy that M is home - I love her so much" ... awwww!!! Both boys came over and wrapped their arms around me and told me "don't be sad Mommy" :-)
The boys were so excited that it was M's birthday. They both loved her up all day, and sang "Happy Birthday" to her several times. M even got a special phone call from my Mom's daycare kids. :-) We had a bit of a crazy day, and had planned on going and getting a birthday cake for Miss M, but we ran out of time. N was very upset -- he doesn't think it's a birthday without a birthday cake. I assured him that we would get one this weekend.
When the kids got up from their nap, N went into M's room to talk to her. I was putting a load of laundry in the washer, and could hear N talking to M. I peeked around the corner and he was hugging her, and then he said "M, I love you so much. You're so precious!" Melted my heart!
Around 9:30 tonight N started screaming and yelling for me. The last time this happened - he had gotten sick to his stomach. I ran to his room and was scared to open the door. As soon as I got the door opened, I asked him what was wrong. He was sitting up (just like he was last time) - only this time he grinned at me, pointed out his finger and said "Mommy, I have a booger on my finger" - LMAO! I'll take a booger over puke any day! ;-)
I also made an executive decision tonight. I decided that I wasn't going to stay up and work around the house. I decided that I was going to try out our new whirlpool tub and RELAX! I haven't relaxed in months, and I needed it. We had a whirlpool tub in our first house, but we never used it, so we decided not to put one in our last house. Well, you see, in the first house we were too busy to ever use it. BUSY?!?! HA HA HA HA ... we didn't even know the definition of busy back then. We were young -- just married -- no kids -- and we thought we were busy. :-P There were so many nights in our last house that I would have loved to have a whirlpool to unwind/relax in. After tonight - I am SOOOO happy that we decided to put another one in. It was so relaxing, and exactly what I needed.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Birthday to your wee one!
Aren't those whirlpool tubs the greatest? I will never own another place without one. I'm addicted.
Yeah...nearly anything takes higher rank than puke. I'm a medical person and, still, puke gives me the willies.
I'm so glad you had a chance to relax!! And Happy Birthday to Molly!
Post a Comment