... it is April 17th. I'm struggling today. It is almost 8:00 am in Seoul, which means that there is a woman in Seoul who is thinking back to what happened one year ago today. One year ago, she gave birth to a precious little girl. That precious little girl is our daughter. As I held our little girl this afternoon, the tears streamed down my face. I sat here holding her close, and all of my thoughts turned to a woman half a world away.
Half a world away is another woman who, one year ago, made such a selfless decision. She wanted a better life for her daughter. I'm sure this woman is crying many tears today ~ just as I am. I would give anything in the world to talk to her - to let her know that her little girl is safe, and is so very loved. As a mother, I can't even begin to imagine what she is going through - not knowing where her little girl is, what she is doing, what she looks like etc...
I pray for her daily and think of her constantly. I pray that she finds peace in her heart. There are no words to express how blessed we are to have M in our life. She is the sweetest, most beautiful little girl, and we love her more than I can put into words.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I got M up this morning, she looked at me and said "Mama" so softly and so sweet. It completely melted my heart.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a touching post...
Find the beauty in the day together.
There's are two blogs that I read. A husband and wife and they adopted their son from Korea. He just had a post exactly like this.
Here's his blog: http://www.ragamuffinsoul.com/
It was just last week.
I experienced many of the same feelings you described on my son's 1st birthday and really every birthday since. How very blessed we are to have these sweet children in our lives.
Happy Birthday M!!!
Post a Comment