Wednesday, April 23, 2008

75 degrees

It doesn't get much better than this! No humidity - no bugs ... a little on the breezy side, but I'm not going to complain. The past two days have been lovely!

My windows are all open, and there is nothing better than the smell of fresh air. I feel so much more alive.

We spent most of the day outside. You can tell that M spent a lot of time outdoors while she was in Korea. As soon as we go outside she starts to smile and kick her legs - she loves it! The boys played in the dirt with their loaders and dump trucks. M made her Papa's (my Dad) day ... she snuggled her head right into his chest and cuddled for several minutes. I think she is finally starting to feel more secure around other people. She knows who her Mommy and Daddy are, and I think she's figuring it out that we're not going to leave her - that it's OK for her smile and not be totally terrified of other people. When she sees someone that she doesn't know, she still puts her head down into my shoulder, and holds onto me, but at least she doesn't cry anymore. Today when my Dad came into our house, she waved at him right away and blew him a kiss. I have a feeling that she's going to have him wrapped around her little finger ... I think she probably already does. ;-)

The kids were able to watch the cement truck this afternoon, as we had our garage floor put in. L, who is typicially our fearless child, was scared - TERRIFIED - of the cememt truck. I could not believe it. So, he came in and fell alseep on the couch. M loved it, and didn't take her eyes off of it. Of course, N - our little construction addict - was in heaven.

As soon as G gets home, we're going to eat supper and go hang outside and take advantage of the nice weather, since it's supposed to storm tomorrow and then SNOW SHOWERS (what?!?!) are in the forecast for Fri - Tues. Ugh!

1 comment:

C's Mom said...

Peeeerrrrrfect! Enjoy while it's good :0)