http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2008/07/20080725-1.html
Who knew?! Has there always been a Parent's Day? I have never heard about it until today ... and I found out about it from an email from a Pizza place. Ha!
There is one thing that bugs me with his release. He says "we take this opportunity also to recognize parents of adopted children" ... this statement coming after the "we honor mothers and fathers" blah blah blah. Why must there always be a difference between being parents to bio children, and adopted children? Why? I am the mother to two bio children and one adopted child. I am a Mom to all three of them - plain and simple.
I know I'm ultra sensitive to stuff like this, and I really need to just read past the ignorance, but it bothers me.
OK - enough about that. The kids had a blast this morning. A helicopter landed right next to our house, and then took off and flew over our house several times. Freaked my paranoid self right out. I thought for sure it was the secret service looking through my house with their state of the art equipment. Ugh! Seriously though, it did freak me out a little bit. Little did I know that it was a helicopter that sprayed the crops. (we have fields right behind us) The kids got to sit and watch it - and it was up close and personal let me tell you. They fly really low, and at one point it came straight towards out house - at the level of our deck - L freaked out! He thought it was going to fly right into us. I was trying to be the brave one, because, you know, I am the adult and I'm supposed to be all brave and strong - but I was honestly almost crapping my pants. I kept saying turn that thing - turn that thing - you're going to slam right into my house. Scary and cool at the same time. I'll try and get some pictures up this weekend.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
M-Send an email to the White House about your thoughts! I totally think you should. I hate when adopted parents are pulled out and listed separately from parents who gave birth to their children. It doesn't make sense to me. Heck in many ways parents who adopted had to jump through more hoops and prove themselves worthy of their children.
Post a Comment