Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Our weekend

It didn't start off so great, and it certainly didn't end great -- but everything in-between was fabulous.

If you have a weak stomach - or don't like hearing about things kids do, then skip the next paragraph.

***

Our weekend started on Thursday, but it didn't start out like any other Thursday. L went in to get M up, and he walked out of her room and said "Mommy it stinks in there" ... little did I know what was lurking around the corner. My little princess decided that it would be much more fun to sleep without a diaper on. I was an idiot, and put a nightgown on her ... and didn't put any bloomers or anything over her diaper. HUGE MISTAKE. How do I know that my little angel thought it would be more fun to sleep without her diaper on ... because there was nothing in her diaper. Every ounce of bodily fluids were in her crib - or on her - or in her hair - or under her nails - or on her knees ... you get the picture. I was SICK! I started crying and freaking out. I immediately got on the phone and called G at work. I was crying and said something like "G ... I just went in to get M up and ..." that's when he started freaking out thinking that something horrible was wrong. The poor guy - I immediately said "no, no - she's fine - she's alive" ... and then proceeded to tell him what I was standing there looking at. He said he'd be home so that he could watch N & L while I got M in a bath and her bedding cleaned and washed. She has a very pretty bumper in her crib. It's a light sage green, light pink and ivory. The ivory is kind of a lace/tulle overlay. Let me tell you something ... #2 and those colors do not mix. I was so upset. The bumper cannot be washed, and I didn't know what I was going to do. She had painted the thing with her you know what. Ugh! She had also thrown some of it out of her crib. She had stuffed some behind her bumper. Her hands were covered in it. She had it all over her hair. Her hair is quite long, and while I was trying to clean her hair, I thought that I was going to have to cut her hair off. It was that bad.

After a long morning, I did get everything cleaned up. The boys never did anything like this, and I pray that M never ever does anything like that again.

GROSS!

****

On Friday morning we took the kids to a 4th of July parade. They went to a parade last year, but they were really too young to get the point of it. This year they had a blast. They were a little shy at first, but it didn't take long for them to realize that people were throwing candy to THEM ... that THEY could grab it and keep it for themselves. They thought it was the coolest thing ever.

After the parade we spent the afternoon at a few area parks. The kids had fun playing and running around. We did have a bit of a scare. We went for a walk around the lake at one of the parks, and there was a group of people in one of the shelters. Pretty soon I heard someone say "Layla get back here" ... I was looking away, and just thought they were yelling to a child. Nope, when I looked down there stood a pit bull -- yes, a pit bull -- she was nose to nose with M. M was in her stroller and this dog had her nose right in M's face. I froze. I saw my life flash in front of me. I was scared to death. First of all - there are no pets allowed in this park. Second - why in the world do they have a pit bull running loose? We have a cocker spaniel that M loves - she always takes her hand and taps our dogs nose. Thank God she didn't do that to this dog. They were able to get the dog away from us, and the owner apologized ... I was just glad to get the heck out of there. I can't even tell you how scared I was.

We got home late Friday afternoon and got the kids washed up. We decided to put them in their pj's and let them eat supper and have a little rest before we took off again. Around 9:00 we left to go to the fireworks. The kids all slept until 10:00 when the fireworks started. M slept through the whole thing, but the boys had so much fun. Afterwards they kept telling us how much fun they had. :-)

On Saturday we spent the day at another park. After the park we went and got ice cream - yummy!

Sunday was way too hot and humid to do anything, so we stayed close to home. The only thing we did was pick up food from the place that has really good fries and sells a lot of burgers. I ate a B_g M_c -- never again will I touch one of those. The special sauce ... let's just say that it made me soooooooooooo incredibly sick. :-(

My IL's are causing trouble again. I'll save that story for tomorrow.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Okay, I don't even know what to say to that diaper story. Well, except for thank goodness Rory has never done that! LOL Hopefully you'll never have that happen again!!

E.J. said...

((((((((Hugs)))))))) You said it was a good weekend, but between the poop incident, the pit bull, and getting sick yourself, it sounds pretty darn stressful to me! Oh, and the Il's! (((((More hugs!))))