Life is never boring. Just when we thought we were going to be left alone, we listened to our voicemail around 10:30 Sunday night. I'm really not going to get into details, but once again, my husband is being blamed for his sister's drinking problem. Can you believe that they are blaming HIM?
I hate this. I hate that he is hurting so much. No matter what he/we do, it's never right or good enough.
What's crazy is they say that she's an alcoholic (been in detox 3+ times and treatment twice and is still drinking) because she and G don't talk anymore. WHAT??? Are they out of their mind? They were never that close. With that being said, it has been HER actions that have ruined our relationship with her -- nothing we did.
I pray every single night that she makes the decision to get better. She has a small child, and I would think that would be reason enough to want to fight to get better.
I don't know what to do anymore. I so badly want to send an email out to everyone, but I've been told to just stay out of it. I know that's the right thing to do (to stay out of it) - but it's so hard to sit back and just take their crap. I would like to email them and remind them that WE are the ones that first suspected a problem and brought it to everyone's attention. WE are the ones that pushed for her to enter a treatment center when she had a blood alcohol level of 0.4 ... (btw, nobody listened to us) ... WE are the ones that spent days trying to figure out a way to talk her into getting treatment, and calling/emailing treatment centers ... I am the one that emailed her after she had a drunken conversation with G and told her that we were concerned about her and asked her if everything was OK. But, we're the bad guys ... yep, we're evil terrible people.
Whatever. I think I'm going to go have a beer. Oh the irony.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so sorry, Melissa. Take lots of deep breaths, and be nice to yourself. (((((((Hugs)))))))
I'm sorry they keep at you guys. I think you are right to stay out of it. I know I'd have the same urge to send an email to "clear your name." You know it will fall on deaf ears though. G should be the contact person, his family after all, but I'd ask him not to bother you with their messages unless really necessary. Not worth the stress to you all. ((hugs)) M and good thoughts for you!
Post a Comment