Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Severe Weather

I hate it!

We were in a tornado warning most of the evening. (until 9:00pm) Our sirens were going on and off for hours. I was a wreck! We had several touchdowns just north of us and a few west of us. We got very lucky.

We did take the kids into the basement after we looked outside and saw the clouds rotating, and heard our local news say that there was rotation in the city that we live in. Of course, the kids didn't understand. A Mommy who is in panic mode + kids who want to run around the basement and play = I'll just say it's NOT a good mix.

This makes me so sad. My thoughts and prayers are with these families. So scary and incredibly sad.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh, I just hate bad weather! We live in the south and have crazy stuff all the time, but I never get used to it!