I haven't been on a date in months and months. I finally went on one today - with my 3 year old son. :-) It couldn't have been more perfect. He was so excited, and was an angel. We went to a movie (his first time ever!) and out to eat. His eyes lit up as we walked into the theater. After I purchased our tickets, he grabbed my hand and we walked up the hallway - as we walked - hand in hand - I got tears in my eyes. I have always wanted to be a Mom, and there were many painful years getting to this point, but here I was - living my dream. I've always loved kids movies and dreamed of taking my kids. Today was a dream come true - my son was so excited, and I couldn't hold back my emotions.
We found some seats, and he turned to me and said "Mommy, it's so loud and so dark" ... at that moment I was a bit afraid that we weren't going to make it through the movie, but we did - without incident. He did fantastic, although he did have to sit on my lap the entire time. He's not big enough to sit in the seats. He tried, but it folded right back up on him, and it freaked him out. LOL!
Because he was so good, I told him that we could go get a treat. Being the classy guy that he is, he asked me to take him here. He told me he wanted to go there, because they had Panda toys. ;-) He grabbed his H*ppy M_e_al, and found us a table. He asked me if I would like to share with him, so there we sat - sharing a H*ppy M_e_al - it was precious! Well, as precious as it can be, when you have a very unstable individual sitting at the table next to you talking about how they would like to go jump off a bridge, because their life isn't worth living. Seriously.
When we got home he asked me if we could go on another date. ;-)
I love him!
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment