Tuesday, June 17, 2008

14 months

My little girl is 14 months old today. She seems much younger than that though. I've been worried about her lately, but after talking to two of my friends today, I felt much better. One of my friends brought her daughter home one month before us, and the other friend welcomed her daughter home while we were in Korea. All three of the girls seem to be at the same place developmentally. Like I said, it makes me feel better, but it also makes me feel sad for all three of them. I can't even begin to understand what these little girl's have been through, but it seems to me that there is a lot going through their little heads. I know M is the type that holds things in. Yes, she's only 14 months old, but I can tell. We've been having a rough few weeks with her, and I can tell that she has been scared and has regressed a little bit. All I can do is hold her close and assure her that we will be with her forever and that we love her with all our heart. Speaking of which - we finalize one month from today. Yay!

We've finally had a stretch of beautiful weather. We have spent the past four days outside. The kids are loving it, and I'm loving the little bit of color that I've gotten on my arms. I am usually glow in the dark white, so adding a touch to my pale self always makes me happy! ;-)

N put a rock down his shirt and told me that he had a rock baby. He lifted up his shirt and said "but, Mommy, I don't have marks all over my tummy like you" ... "you have marks on your tummy from me - from when I was in your tummy" ... yep, N, thanks for the reminder. He did a number on my stomach, but his brother added his fair share, too. The stretch marks are lovely. Ha!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry things have been rough with M! I am struggling myself with a few things so I can understand the issues we face, not just as parents, but adoptive parents.