Friday, September 21, 2007

We're #1

According to our agency, we are now at the top of the list for a referral. WOO HOO! I should be feeling excited and full of anticipation, but I'm not. Well, I am, but it's overshadowed by the fact that my agency likes to remind me that we have a restrictive medical checklist, so they think we'll be sitting at the top for awhile. The other thing bogging me down -- travel vs escort. We want nothing more than to travel, but we're not sure if it is going to be possible. It is tearing us up, and I never knew how much guilt I would feel over a decision in my life. It's so hard, and unless you have been put in this position, you probably don't understand the extent of it. It's hard - it tears at your heart.

I found myself crying off and on a lot today. Being at the top is hard. I didn't realize I would feel so much emotion. Knowing that it could happen any day is nuts. I feel happy, scared, excited, nervous ... and I jump every time the phone rings. (for multiple reasons -- house & adoption) When we were #13, #9, #5 etc... I didn't feel the way that I do now. Now I know for a fact that she is alive and living with her foster family ... she doesn't even know that we exist. Here I sit (crying again! aaahhh!) thinking about her, day dreaming about her, wondering if she's happy or sad.

This is hard. I want my little girl more than I can put into words.

One of my friends was wondering if our reaction to seeing her face for the first time will be like when we saw N & L's faces for the first time. For me, I have a feeling that it is going to be different. I think I will be way more emotional when I see her face for the first time. I had two very long and hard labors, and while it was emotional to see my babies, I was so relieved that labor was over.

(Especially with N, we never thought we were going to be able to have biological children, so after he was born I went through a period of time where I felt like I was living a dream. It was all so surreal, and didn't feel real. The pain of recovery was very real (LOL!) but everything else was so surreal.)

I was still in so much pain, and was so exhausted, so I wasn't really all there. LOL! I think seeing her picture for the first time will be surreal, but actually seeing her and holding her for the first time ... oh Lord, help me! I bawl just thinking about it. I am going to be a mess!!!

Come on Korea, send my agency my referral. We need our baby girl NOW!!!!!!!!! Mr. Social Worker -- give me a call next week -- I need some good news!!!!!

We're off for the weekend. Take care everyone! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:( Oh...I really feel for you, girl. *SO* many of us have been there (some of us a year ago!) and what you're describing is totally normal. The whole thing IS very surreal but someday you will be past that and she will be home in your arms. Someday it WILL be real! It's just never soon enough and not knowing is enough to make a person crazy.
Don't beat yourself up over the travel piece- you have to do what's right for your family. No one can fault you for that no matter what you decide! :)