L, who is 17 months old, has not been much of a talker. He says "Daddyyyyy" "Hi" "Night Night" and that's about it. Oh, how could I forget the "MONNNNEYYYY" that he is constantly saying ... and, no, it is not his way of saying "Mommy". We actually have no idea what it means, other than he uses it to describe anything and everything. ;-) ... but, we're making progress this week. Literally overnight, he has started repeating almost everything that we say. He is even learning letters of the alphabet. Today he learned the letter "O" and the letter "E" - which amazed me. The repeating words leads me to tonight ...
It was the finale of Big Brother 8. I kept saying "GO D!CK!" (the lesser of the evils, imho!) - actually I kind of liked D!ck. I didn't agree with his tactics, but he was a good player. L started putting his arms up in the air and saying "G Dih" -- LOL! N, who LOVES Big Brother, wanted D!ck to win too. W
Now onto the adoption ... this wait is killing me. I know that everything will happen just as it is meant to, and really, getting a referral right now wouldn't be the best timing. (we have a contingent offer on our house, and we're waiting for their house to sell before wan start our new one) But, we've been waiting long enough, and we're at the top of the list, and this whole not knowing when anything is going to happen is taking its toll on me. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not the world's most patient person ... OK, is that the understatement of the year or what?! I am trying my hardest to enjoy our little family of four right now. The boys are keeping me very busy, which helps a lot, but it's hard not to constantly think about our little girl who is living in South Korea right now. It's hard knowing that she is alive and that someone else is taking care of her. I know that she is being very well taken care of by her FM, but it's still tough knowing that I'm not the one comforting her when she's sad or doesn't feel well. She may not have grown in my tummy, but she is certainly growing in my heart. I feel so much love for her already, and I don't even know who she is.
Baby girl, we're waiting for you and we're all so excited to see your face for the first time. Your older brother talks about you all the time, and has even picked out some Christmas presents for you. He even told me that he thinks you would like a digger for Christmas. HA! ;-)
Ok, this post is long enough -- and quite boring. Like I said, it's just some ramblings from this gloomy, rainy Tuesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment